Sign in to follow this  
Let the wookiee win

Rickie Lambert

[quote user="Let the wookiee win"]Still available as does not currently have a club. Be a great option to come off the bench. If the wages can be agreed by both parties a one year or pay as you play deal could suit.[/quote]Do pay as you play deals exist?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Let the wookiee win"]Still available as does not currently have a club. Be a great option to come off the bench. If the wages can be agreed by both parties a one year or pay as you play deal could suit.[/quote]Do pay as you play deals exist?

[/quote]https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/pay-as-you-play/Apparently so Dicky...you do wonder who REALLY benefits out of them...

Not a football myth then. If only we''d signed Jarvis on these terms!

Actually not a bad shout as a third choice striker. I think he''d rather play regularly in L1/2 though than sit on the bench most of the time here.

We''re in a strange position with our forward options. We have two excellent, very evenly matched but different in playing style forwards and no like for like backup. Any backup brought in would be a distant third choice and that limits our options to players negligibly better than our youth forwards...who aren''t ready for this league either and need loans/development time.

An older player with an eye for a goal that wouldn''t need much game time and would be interested in getting into coaching would be ideal for us. But I can''t see Lambert being happy with that role just yet, by the time he or others are, they won''t be good enough.

Hope Fonkeu has something about him, a youth option would be the logical choice but being 3rd/4th choice impedes their development. Will be absolutely dreading Jerome/Oliviera getting injured!

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Actually not a bad shout as a third choice striker. I think he''d rather play regularly in L1/2 though than sit on the bench most of the time here.

We''re in a strange position with our forward options. We have two excellent, very evenly matched but different in playing style forwards and no like for like backup. Any backup brought in would be a distant third choice and that limits our options to players negligibly better than our youth forwards...who aren''t ready for this league either and need loans/development time.

An older player with an eye for a goal that wouldn''t need much game time and would be interested in getting into coaching would be ideal for us. But I can''t see Lambert being happy with that role just yet, by the time he or others are, they won''t be good enough.

Hope Fonkeu has something about him, a youth option would be the logical choice but being 3rd/4th choice impedes their development. Will be absolutely dreading Jerome/Oliviera getting injured![/quote]
We''ve now got Tristan Abrahams has also had his loan to Orient cancelled. So with Fonkeu we have two U23 strikers. Whether either could step up I don''t know. But there''s a big part of me would like to see it tried rather than the pay per play deal for Lambert.
Carlton Morris seems to be having a successful loan at Shrewsbury too.
There''s an U23 game at Carrow Road on Sunday 17th September. We may get a look at Fonkeu and/or another look at Abrahams. I think his red last week was for 2 yellows so he just misses one game?

think he''s a bit over the hill now. don''t honestly think we are short up top unless Jerome is no longer good enough. Wouldn''t be the worst buy tho.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I think I''d rather have Grant Holt back than Ricky Lambert. Holt is a winner, promoted again last season.[/quote]What LDC said [:D]

We''ve supposedly got 2 young strikers who are going to be the answer to everyone''s prayers. When will they be ready to play Championship football.

Wales bring a 17 year old on in a Qualifier and scores

Makes you wonder, when is the right time. Rashford only got his break at Man U because Martial got injured in the warm up. He''d probably be rotting away in U23 football otherwise.

if we do not go up this season i think it could be back to the days of being forced to playing younger players on less money

which i personally do not think is a bad thing

we would then see more younger players in the team than the old guard that have failed time and time again

now for example Jerome if he has not scored for 4 / 5 games he is picked on his past performances

i would like to see a younger striker played to see if he can do any better for 4 /5 games

sometime raw players works like chris martin / chris sutton when they broke on the scene

sometimes something different works instead of the old and trusted

There is a striker who has banged a couple in for Shrewsbury this season. The last one we got from there turned out pretty good.

In fact, send every loan player to Shrewsbury.