Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

A great club to play for.

Any player who comes to play for ncfc should consider themselves very fortunate.There are very few down sides but loads of positives.A tip top training ground, nice area,fantastic fans.Maybe the carrow rd ground could be better in terms of capacity but it''s still a great place to watch and play.let''s have no more moaning from players or fans about our great club,it could be worse you know.

Saw the headline and thought a song was comng on............

For its a Grand Old Team to play for,

For its a Grand Old team to see,

And if you know the history,

It''s enough to make your heart go

Woooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrr!!!

We don''t care what the BLUESHITE say,

What the fuck do we care,

For we all know,

That there''s going to be a show,

When the Norwich boys are there

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Well, it wouldn''t be breaded scampi that''s for sure.[/quote]Crafty''s menu........Starter - Moanestrone soup. Main - Roasted wail meat for him to blubber over.Followed by - Spicy chicken whinge with a sour cream dip. All washed down with a good whine. [:D] [<:o)]

I sometimes wonder if being at Norwich is a bit too laid back for some players. The pace of life in Norfolk is slower than many parts of the country, especially in big industrial towns and cities and that could rub off on the players, if they let it.  

lake district canary wrote the following post at 03/09/2017 7:32 PM:

I sometimes wonder if being at Norwich is a bit too laid back for some players. The pace of life in Norfolk is slower than many parts of the country, especially in big industrial towns and cities and that could rub off on the players, if they let it.

Graveyard of hambition.

Our squads have certainly lacked a hard edge in recent years.

Environment may well have a small part to play in that.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Whereas you and Lapps would start with pasta verde with Toms followed by Stowmarket two chops with pints of Directors bitter.[/quote]I forgot to include a dessert Crafty, but it could only be one thing - sour grapes. [:D]

LDC as a point

when you sometimes watch the younger players at colney in the academy you often wonder that the lads from some poorer cities have more drive and passion to make it

i can see that some boys from london / Birmingham etc will be going back to Massive council estates and maybe gang crime etc and all to their life is football and they have to make it they have extra drive and grit

where some Norfolk boys will be going back to a nice converted barn in North Norfolk with their latest gadget

Not saying all the lads are the same of course but you can see it clearly in the youth football some teams frome these places are alot harder tougher

Yes indeed norfolkngood. When you follow some of the Norwich Academy teams, like I have done in the past, to places like Fulham and West Ham etc you do see that our lads look really well behaved and the epitome of fine young professionals, but lack a hard edge and streetwise quality that you see from some of the more urban conurbations.

It''s all part of what''s great about living here but does, at least in the early years, put us at a competitive disadvantage.