Sign in to follow this  
yellowandgreen

New to pink message board

[quote user="Van wink"]Seriously, it''s great to see people coming back to this board. Pete has to be congratulated for making some tough but correct decisions.👍[/quote]

Wonder who''s next in the crosshairs? All very exciting.

I have noticed that certain posters seem to be posting particularly to provoke people purposefully.

Very unsavoury. It''s almost as if these people are trying to incite an argument or a reaction.

Nobody that I can think of Duncan.

It all seems to be running pretty smoothly as far as I can see and long may it continue 👍

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I wonder why that thread got deleted the other day.[/quote]You took your time Nutty as i thought you might have encouraged these newbies to the PUPs thread. You usually copy and paste the info when new posters pop up.

Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 01/09/2017 10:12 PM:

I have noticed that certain posters seem to be posting particularly to provoke people purposefully.

Very unsavoury. It''s almost as if these people are trying to incite an argument or a reaction.

Agreed, I think old Frank is still struggling to behave lol, but he''s getting there 😀

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Tilly, if you really did know what was posted on that thread the other day you''d understand why I haven''t.[/quote]Ok so you are not interested in attracting new PUPs to Rays Funds thread. How strange and i am struggling to understand why as you ask Nutty. What on earth have yellowandgreen,Knock of Nige and the others done to deserve you not encouraging them to take part ?

Yes i did see that thread up until i went out at around 3pm and when i looked again late in the evening it had gone. I was not surprised as it was only heading one way. However i still do not understand why the new posters are not being encouraged to join in. Whatever went on surely has nothing to do with them ?

This is ridiculous!

This is the 11th season of Rays Funds. You have been involved in most of them. Have you ever known me not welcome new posters or not be totally fair and even handed over everything to do with Rays Funds?

If you are anti-EU/pro-Brexit then beware of the EU thread (the one with 1000+ pages). It''s stocked with hooligans calling people names and labelling them a neo-nazi etc. Far worse than anything I''ve seen on the main board!By contrast the PUPs thread is quite pleasant, where even people who otherwise don''t get on seem to co-exist peacefully. I like to sit down with a cigar every Thursday night to review my choices for the week. I''ll often have a coffee and some music on in the background.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This is ridiculous!

This is the 11th season of Rays Funds. You have been involved in most of them. Have you ever known me not welcome new posters or not be totally fair and even handed over everything to do with Rays Funds?[/quote]Tilly, if you really did know what was posted on that thread the other day you''d understand why I haven''t.I have read that post as telling me you have your reasons for not trying to get them on board Nutty and now you are taking a different road on the matter and what your reference to be totally fair and handing over everything to do with Rays Funds has got to do with anything yet again i am struggling with . Nobody is suggesting in the slightest anything otherwise so put that thought straight out of your mind mate.This is all about these new posters and i have seen you hundred times over the years attempt to embrace newbies into the PUPs the minute they start posting on this messageboard and seen a hundred times you copy and paste the guidelines but for some reason not these guys.Simple question which is greeted with not a straightforward answer. Riddles over the deleted thread i cannot work out so sorry for that.

[quote user="Knock off Nige"]"I enjoy the banter, which seems to have got better and more considered"

Maybe I was wrong, apart from not understanding the quote button![/quote]Things have got more considered and better Knock of Nige in recent months believe me and it is just that some are struggling with the concept. That was banter by the way. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]This is ridiculous!

This is the 11th season of Rays Funds. You have been involved in most of them. Have you ever known me not welcome new posters or not be totally fair and even handed over everything to do with Rays Funds?[/quote]Tilly, if you really did know what was posted on that thread the other day you''d understand why I haven''t.I have read that post as telling me you have your reasons for not trying to get them on board Nutty and now you are taking a different road on the matter and what your reference to be totally fair and handing over everything to do with Rays Funds has got to do with anything yet again i am struggling with . Nobody is suggesting in the slightest anything otherwise so put that thought straight out of your mind mate.This is all about these new posters and i have seen you hundred times over the years attempt to embrace newbies into the PUPs the minute they start posting on this messageboard and seen a hundred times you copy and paste the guidelines but for some reason not these guys.Simple question which is greeted with not a straightforward answer. Riddles over the deleted thread i cannot work out so sorry for that.[/quote]
If you, as you claim, you saw that thread they wouldn''t be riddles. 

I do wish whole threads were not deleted. I would like the offending posts to be replaced with something like " this post was removed from public view because .........."

We lose the decent posts which people have put some effort into along with the offenders.

I obviously missed what went on after i went out but as i said what i did see led me to think it would end up the way it did. Somebody overstepped the line obviously but who made that fateful step i have no idea. I saw part of the thread not all of it before Peter The Deleter stepped in.

I feel similar to you Tilly. That thread had the feel of heading to deletion. Hard to guess who would be the offender and what the offence would be ..... there were a few possible suspects

[quote user="The gut"]I feel similar to you Tilly. That thread had the feel of heading to deletion. Hard to guess who would be the offender and what the offence would be ..... there were a few possible suspects[/quote][Y]

[quote user="The gut"]I do wish whole threads were not deleted. I would like the offending posts to be replaced with something like " this post was removed from public view because .........."

We lose the decent posts which people have put some effort into along with the offenders.[/quote]
As usual I am in agreement Gutty. It doesn''t help anyone to have threads deleted. I guess it happens when the hotline to Archant is activated. I have managed to post for over 11 years without feeling the need to retort with report. 
I''m proud of Rays Funds and totally committed to putting that above and beyond any other considerations in this community. 

Do you ever feel like posting on the Rays Funds thread Fenway Frank rather than just sticking up little stupid posts like this last effort of yours ? If not maybe you can explain what exactly you are attempting to do here ?

Captain B, yes it''s our go to Friday night tea so I have followed scampigate with a keen interest.

Didn''t there use to be a ''sticky'' thread that set out what the PUPs were all about, or have I misremembered that? I think I know more or less what it''s about as I saw an article a while back where a cheque was being presented to FONCY.

Not sure of the mechanics of it all but it sounds like fun and I''d be happy to give it ago, although I''m not much of a tipster!