Sign in to follow this  
Holtys three lungs

New Signing

Ooooooh look! Another anonymous newbie posting unsubstantiated reports!

Facts and sources please, or you''ll upset a LOT of people. Are you a mischief-making binner?

No proof, I''m afraid.  But the player is Darren Moore from WBA.  That is what I have heard.

Hope I am right, I think he will be a good signing.

Definately not a binner, I have been a city fan since about 85/86 milk cup glory, not a season ticket holder due to playing local football but I will be there Tuesday night against the cobblers.. 

Paul jewell in todays Mirror said he wouldn''t be letting the CH/RB we were previously linked with go to Norwich on loan, don''t know if this pre or post Davenport might be the player involved, sorry don''t remember name David ? I think.

[quote]Ooooooh look! Another anonymous newbie posting unsubstantiated reports! Facts and sources please, or you''ll upset a LOT of people. Are you a mischief-making binner?[/quote]

Yes, here we go again, "Ivan Appletree" by any chance ?

Jim,  not going to get drawn into a spat with you.  We all have to start somewhere, probably not best in hindsight to start with a "rumour" though.  I just thought I would finally join up after following the forum for ages.  Apologies if this has pissed anyone off.

I really can assure you that I am not a binner.  But you will have to take my word for it.

[quote]Jim, not going to get drawn into a spat with you. We all have to start somewhere, probably not best in hindsight to start with a "rumour" though. I just thought I would finally join up after follow...[/quote]

Gunny - you dont have a set of crystal balls that helps you with this sort of thing do you????

OTBC

Dont worry Gunny, I was accused of being a binner on Tuesday with some inside info about McVeigh being dropped against Watford. I only signed up that day too! But at least my info was spot on.     Jeeez, you lot are all nearly as paranoid as worthless!!

I don''t think it helped that you claimed to be ''not a tractor''. No one up here refers to our third world neighbours as tractors. Binners, ****** or even scum but never tractors. Sadly for the not too bright binners even the nickname tractor boys is a dig at their pomposity. It was coined somewhile back by a BBC crew in response to their supposed non rural connections. Even funnier was when the dimwits then tried to refer to themselves, without even the slightest hint of irony, as tractor boyz.Lets hope his lordship has bought the players another inspirational cd or something for sunday''s game.

perhaps its African star Kiki Musampas Brother, Chris Musampa (geddit!!???).... this seems far more likely than Darren moore.. who doesnt even play for WBA any more does he???

jas

[quote]Dont worry Gunny, I was accused of being a binner on Tuesday with some inside info about McVeigh being dropped against Watford. I only signed up that day too! But at least my info was spot on. Jee...[/quote]

Johnny - good to see you still posting after tuesdays abuse;  thought you might not come back

This board needs more opinion - not just grouped around one set of fans views who then rive out any non compliers.

OTBC

Welcome to the board, Gunny. Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh earlier, I just get fed up with people posting ''facts'' without backup.
I don''t mind people posting rumours - if it''s clear it''s a rumour in the thread title.
Maybe that''s pedantic, but it helps if, like me, you have only a short time to scan the board on a visit & want to filter out some of the wilder posts.

Johnny Hill (if you''re on at the moment) same goes for your Tuesday post. I know you backed up your initial thread in the end. I certainly don''t want to put people off posting on here - I was a memeber for over a year before putting anything on the board (doubtless some would prefer if I hadn''t bothered! )
As I said on Tuesday, you were right and I agree completely with what you said about McVeigh - surely he must start against the Scum?

[quote]Jim, not going to get drawn into a spat with you. We all have to start somewhere, probably not best in hindsight to start with a "rumour" though. I just thought I would finally join up after follow...[/quote]

OK Gunny, I don''t do spats, just give my opinion based on what has happened many times before.

If I had the  inclination I could troll back and find loads of initial controversial posters who were never seen again.

So if you are here to stay welcome and I will just await your new signing then. 

Jim, you are right it is all about opinions and everyone is different but I should not have started with a "new signing".

Although we will have to wait to see if I am right on the new signing.  If I am not then I will hold my hands up, and admit I was wrong.

This is just a thought of mine but I would think it is possible we could make a move for Linvoy Primus on loan (Darren Moores best buddy and long time Worthy target) to play at right back, also providing centre back cover, and allow Colin to move into right midfield. Thus we get a half-decent experienced right back who could be tasked with taking charge of a young centre back partership of Shackell and Davenport and at the same time increase the midfield options.

Mark .Y.