Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Page 60 of the Sun

Headline - It''s Dutch and go for De Boer - must change to survive !

Interesting read, you could change Palace for City and De Boer for Farke. They seem to have the same problems as us.

I never usually get further than page 3.

Farke has had his time to learn. We cannot afford to give him any longer or else this season is a write-off.

DeBoer will not likely be persevered with as long as DF as Premier Clubs have the money to be less patient. They are also very desperate to avoid that "fate worse than death" outcome at all costs.

After Millwall my expectations have been significantly lowered. To me the season won''t be a write off, just a learning curve. If there''s no significant change to the pattern of play however towards the tale end of this season then I will be concerned. My biggest annoyance is the lack forethought in terms of giving Farke an experienced Championship coach to the backroom team.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Headline - It''s Dutch and go for De Boer - must change to survive !

Interesting read, you could change Palace for City and De Boer for Farke. They seem to have the same problems as us.[/quote]The BBC had a piece last week about Palace''s dire start to the season. Struck a similar chord when reading it. De Boer was quoted as demanding greater courage from his players rather than playing it safe all the time through fear of making mistakes. I think there is an element of that in the lack of tempo in our play, which has been the chief cause of our sterile possession. We only seem to throw off the fear when needing to rescue the game.
The other point is that the behaviour of the fans is a huge factor when asking players to be "brave". You need twice as much bravery to play bravely if your every mistake is going to be boo-ed.

De Boer will be gone very soon IMO.    Farke will be given time but personally I''ve written this season off for us, although I hope I''m wrong. 

The thing is though, much like with us, you can''t get someone in specifically to change the club and its style and then decide after 3 or 4 games that you don''t actually want that change, otherwise you get the worst of both worlds, a half baked try to evolve thats suddenly aborted when it doesnt immediately work.

Palace, unlike us, did little in the transfer window, which I suppose casts doubt on their commitment to de Boer''s cause, but it seems madness to have not just gone in for allerdyce or hodgson from the start if this was how they were going to act.

"Are you seriously suggesting we should get rid of Farke already Broadstairs, or have I fallen for a wind up?"

No, badly worded, he''ll probably get the two years come what may.

Just that he or his supporters won''t be able to use the "adapting to the change of environment" for much longer if things do not get better in the near future.