Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Biggest ever lasting BOO

Seeing the thread about ''Biggest ever lasting, roar'' and then the Robbie Savage thread, with him trudging off the pitch igniting the ire of the Carrow Rd faithful, there''s been some lively moments down the years, (Kevin Muscat anyone?), fouls, refs, Chase, Roeder etc, so which BOO stands out in your mind?

Umm... The one when they boo RM every time he touches the ball?I think, in recent memory, it''s probably THAT game against Colchester... eek

Yeah, Worthys last game was definitely a booing experience.

I think the Colchester game was too but ill be honest, i was in shock and one of the few in the lower barclay that stayed till the end. That was only because i couldn''t move my legs....and I really wanted to inform Theoklitos that he wasnt too good.

That last game at Charlton when we slipped into League One wasn''t a barrel of laughs.Perhaps the best everlasting boo I''ve heard was by the Molyneaux knuckle-draggers when we beat them in the 2nd leg of the 2002 Play-Off Semi-Final. They were at it all game.Bless....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]That last game at Charlton when we slipped into League One wasn''t a barrel of laughs.Perhaps the best everlasting boo I''ve heard was by the Molyneaux knuckle-draggers when we beat them in the 2nd leg of the 2002 Play-Off Semi-Final. They were at it all game.Bless.... [/quote]Yeah, I was at both of those, Charlton was a particular low point. Knowing a win against an already-relegated team would keep us up, and then being 3-0 down inside half an hour... pathetic.Best thing about Molineux was on the final whistle, when the main stand unveiled that huge banner saying "YOU''VE LET US DOWN AGAIN"... entitled much? [:D]

Not quite booing, but the final home game of the League 1 relegation season, prior to Charlton away, was an odd Carrow Road experience.

If i remember correctly - Monday night, on Sky, my birthday.

We went 1-0 down, and the place turned eerily quiet as realisation hit that we were actually going down. Just a stunned silence. Even the Reading fans seemed subdued.

That''s how i remember it, anyway!

quote user="?"Not quite booing, but the final home game of the League 1 relegation season, prior to Charlton away, was an odd Carrow Road experience.

If i remember correctly - Monday night, on Sky, my birthday.

We went 1-0 down, and the place turned eerily quiet as realisation hit that we were actually going down. Just a stunned silence. Even the Reading fans seemed subdued.

That''s how i remember it, anyway

I remember that too, was a really weird silence, almost an unexpected realisation we were getting relegated. I think many (including myself) fully expected us to escape as we''d just beaten Watford(?) and looked on the up.

All I then remember was that after the game it was pi***ng it down as I walked back to my car. Was a very miserable night.

Talking of Worthy''s last game and it pissing down, did the skies turn a very ominous shade at the end of that debacle? I''m not sure if I have a false memory or if it did happen.

[quote user="Herman"]Talking of Worthy''s last game and it pissing down, did the skies turn a very ominous shade at the end of that debacle? I''m not sure if I have a false memory or if it did happen.[/quote]It happened.I was in the Jarrold Stand and a storm was brewing up behind the City Stand. Towards the end of the game forked lightning came down as if it was aiming for the home dugout.Very apocalyptic. [:D]

Maybe now they''ve dropped the cringey ''On The Ball City'' rendition, they can replace it with a crowd stirring boo-fest

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Herman"]Talking of Worthy''s last game and it pissing down, did the skies turn a very ominous shade at the end of that debacle? I''m not sure if I have a false memory or if it did happen.[/quote]It happened.I was in the Jarrold Stand and a storm was brewing up behind the City Stand. Towards the end of the game forked lightning came down as if it was aiming for the home dugout.Very apocalyptic. [:D][/quote]Ta. Sat in the Jarrold as well that day. With the passing of time the only thing that I can truly remember was the ''atmosphere''. Don''t even remember much of the game to be honest. A mixture of shellshock and booze[:D]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Not the recents at either Villa or MIllwall as most had left long before the end. Maybe the booing crescendo will continue to build through FCR today.[/quote]That''d be nice, wouldn''t it? You couldn''t make it up!