Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Must win or Must not lose

If we finally get our act together we should win by three or four BUT if we let Birmingham control the midfield I can foresee City''s brittle defence folding again, especially if the new bloke they bought from Brentford is allowed to play.

To that effect I would go with the following :

Gunn

Klose( or Martin ) Hadley Zimmerman

Pinto. Reed. Tettey. Stepiermann

Hoolahan

Murphy. Oliveira

That should be enough to keep them out but still giving us some attacking options. Thoughts?

All games are ''must not lose'' from now on considering our poor start.

All home games are ''must win'' in any case.

I would start with Reed and Tettey to protect our shaky defense and continue with this approach until a consistent back line (both personnel and system) is finalised.

We are likely to be stronger when Klose is back up to pace and when Hanley settles in ... perhaps Stiepermann as well if he is to be wing-back/full-back first choice for now.

This is a little while off at the moment and in the meantime we cannot afford to shed anymore (easy) points.

If we can grind out 10-12 points in the next five games then we could well be in a competitive position and that half-expected onslaught into the top-six might well be on.

All the indications are that this team, which needed much acclimatisation from head coach downwards from the outset and which suffered from crucial injuries to boot will get stronger as the season progresses.

Fingers crossed.

Every team plays not to lose,not all play to win and considering the changes the club have made we are a not lose team at the moment. This can all change with a win or two so giving us confidence to push on.A top half finish is a target and with more games top ten is not out of the question.

"It''s a ''must not put labels on an idividual game in a long season''."

You can only keep saying that for so long and suddenly we''re past Christmas and out of contention.

We are already five games in and currently sit in the relegation zone. Improvement urgent, imo, and from now on.

What a load of rubbish - there''s 46 games to the league season, the idea that this, the 6th, is a ''must win'' or any more or less important is daft. Of course it would be great to win, but everyone said bedding in the side would take time and we should see the longer term benefits (which will hopefully come) - to put undue pressure on one fixture this early in the season is plain stupid.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]What a load of rubbish - there''s 46 games to the league season, the idea that this, the 6th, is a ''must win'' or any more or less important is daft. Of course it would be great to win, but everyone said bedding in the side would take time and we should see the longer term benefits (which will hopefully come) - to put undue pressure on one fixture this early in the season is plain stupid.[/quote]Of course this game isn''t a '' must win '' but after our last two '' no shows '' rightly or wrongly the pressure is on.Most supporters will be anticipating a minimum of four points from the next two games. Should we not get them then the game at Bramall Lane will be very nervy and if that goes wrong the game against Bristol City will be even worse.Unfortunately football has become an instant gratification sport. Get in a winning run and everything becomes wonderful but get a couple of bad results and all hell breaks loose as the whole thing takes on a mind of it''s own.

I appreciate it''s not a MUST win in terms of a game which means we go up or down, but it is important. The confidence of the team, manager, board and supporters must have taken a huge knock because of the last couple of results.

It is now really important that we start building up some confidence. If a lack of faith grows amongst the players and the supporters about the style of play and the blueprint for the future being designed by Webber and Farke, things could go very badly.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"It''s a ''must not put labels on an idividual game in a long season''."

You can only keep saying that for so long and suddenly we''re past Christmas and out of contention.

We are already five games in and currently sit in the relegation zone. Improvement urgent, imo, and from now on.[/quote]Out of contention?...of what?..promotion?..relegation?...mid table?..after 5 games nobody is in contention for anything. I would settle or be content to see a gradual improvement in leaking goals. Anyway, i agree that putting labels  on any game this early is plain daft.

I am with lessingham; an improved performance, signs of better defending and swifter attacking are what I am looking for.

The biggest concern for me is that their strengths and our weaknesses marry - see attached link that will need clickying. A lot will depend upon whether we can contain their aerial strikers and Jota

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1192377/Show/England-Championship-2017-2018-Norwich-Birmingham

[quote user="CANARYKING"]If we finally get our act together we should win by three or four BUT if we let Birmingham control the midfield I can foresee City''s brittle defence folding again, especially if the new bloke they bought from Brentford is allowed to play.

Gunn

Hoolahan

Murphy. Oliveira

That should be enough to keep them out but still giving us some attacking options. Thoughts?[/quote]

The future can only start from the moment Delia & Wynnie are out.

Discussing anything else is pointless.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="CANARYKING"]If we finally get our act together we should win by three or four BUT if we let Birmingham control the midfield I can foresee City''s brittle defence folding again, especially if the new bloke they bought from Brentford is allowed to play.

Gunn

Hoolahan

Murphy. Oliveira

That should be enough to keep them out but still giving us some attacking options. Thoughts?[/quote]

The future can only start from the moment Delia & Wynnie are out.

Discussing anything else is pointless.[/quote]A closed mind is a mind that is stuck.  Unstick yourself BV, you''ll be happier for it.

A must win not really but a huge game for me

win and it will give us something to build on something we need

a no show / let 4 goals in again and Carrow road will not be a good place and we have bigger problems than buying a CB will cure i will have serious doubts if Farke can turn this around

A definite must not lose in my eyes but moving forward I think we have to be looking at 7 points from the next 7 days and 3 fixtures. If we do this gives us a massive platform and confidence to build on moving forward.