Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Team v Brum

[quote user="AJ"]Steipermann looked too suspect defensively to oust Husband at this stage. [/quote]
Oh.
Has Husband been solid defensively then?
I was under the impression he is constantly out of position and others are having to cover for him constantly which has cost us about 5 goals in the last fortnight.
The Maginot line is less suspect defensively than Husband!

Oh no I''m in total agreement. Sadly just a result of our limited LB options...

See I honestly think Husband has been a very big reason why our defence is pulled out of shape and exposed. First half against Fulham was the worst defensive display by a fullback I think I have witnessed at this level.

There was a reason he was tearful post Millwall- he was at the heart of the failure.

So if he plays- I fear the very worst. I just think he has been found out and, in a team that plays as we do, his inexperience and lack of pace and skill are shown up clearly.

It is a serious concern - and I personally wanted a new LB as priority not CB....

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I think half of our problems stem from coaches over thinking.

The player will want to play. The crowd want him to play. But the coach isn''t sure if he has spent enough time with his team mates. Its the opposition I want him to spend time with.[/quote]

Totally agree some of the best debuts for this club are new players thrown straight in, in all honesty it might be an advantage he hasn''t trained with them and picked up the bad habits yet.

Wonder if Trybull will feature -                           Gunn        Zimmermann Klose Franke      Pinto            Trybull       Stiepermann                Vrancic   Naismith                            Murphy                         Oliveira

Not a bad team that Lakey, I must say from what I saw in the 20 minute Charlton cameo I liked Mr Trybull, it was however against a league one second string but I think he will prove to be a decent signing.

lake district canary wtote:

Gunn

Zimmermann Klose Franke

Pinto Trybull Stiepermann

Vrancic Naismith

Murphy

Oliveira

................................................................................

You''ve got a few hours before the game - sober up !

Somehow I doubt Trybull will oust Reed out of Farke''s favorites

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"] Totally agree some of the best debuts for this club are new players thrown straight in[/quote]
Leon Mckenzie.

[quote user="AJ"]Oh no I''m in total agreement. Sadly just a result of our limited LB options...[/quote]
Fair enough [Y]
I''m of the opinion that I''m actually past caring how s*** Stiepermann may or may not be defensively, at least he is actually a footballer and offers something to the team. Husband literally does nothing positive. Useless going forward, useless defensively, useless positionally and he''s also afflicted with the speed and acceleration of a sloth on a lazy sunday morning. In addition to that, his lack of positional sense actually negatively affects the whole defensive shape as others are getting pulled out to cover where he should be. I''m not convinced we wouldn''t actually be more solid defensively if Husband got himself sent off in the first minute, at least the others would know he wouldn''t be there and could adjust for it, instead of expecting him to be and having to react at the last minute.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="AJ"]Oh no I''m in total agreement. Sadly just a result of our limited LB options...[/quote]
Fair enough [Y]
I''m of the opinion that I''m actually past caring how s*** Stiepermann may or may not be defensively, at least he is actually a footballer and offers something to the team. Husband literally does nothing positive. Useless going forward, useless defensively, useless positionally and he''s also afflicted with the speed and acceleration of a sloth on a lazy sunday morning. In addition to that, his lack of positional sense actually negatively affects the whole defensive shape as others are getting pulled out to cover where he should be. I''m not convinced we wouldn''t actually be more solid defensively if Husband got himself sent off in the first minute, at least the others would know he wouldn''t be there and could adjust for it, instead of expecting him to be and having to react at the last minute.
[/quote]Good idea KIO, but he''s not quick enough to get sent off in the first minute![;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"]Good idea KIO, but he''s not quick enough to get sent off in the first minute![;)][/quote]
[:D] [:D] [:D]

[quote user="Diane"]Bit harsh OR, what are you basing that on?[/quote]Find me one person who says he isn''t slow...................

----------------Gunn

--Martin Zimmermann Klose

Pinto------------------------Husband

-------------Reed

------Maddison --Tettey

-----------Hoolahan

-------------Oliviera

Husband deserves a bit more time. Last time he was playing regularly he was younger than Josh Murphy, it also takes defenders longer to mature. I think he''ll come good. Stiepermann worries me at LB.

Was tempted to put Watkins in instead of Hoolahan as it would make more sense in the formation but for me you have to find a way to fit Wes in at home.

Tettey in Vrancic/Naismiths position. They''ve both been poor recently so I don''t think we''d lose much going forwards while being much more solid without the ball. Reed as the DM because he''s more disciplined than Tettey and I haven''t seen Reed higher up the field yet to know what he''s like there.

Martin starts for me as well. I love the guy and I''m aware he''s been pretty poor since QPR at least but I think Franke''s struggled even more, Klose is our best bet at LCB and I think Zimmermann has performed that limited middle role quite well at times.

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Klose Stiepermann

Tettey Reed

Josh Maddison Wes

Olivera

Harry will do a job on us unless Farke begins to understand what defending in the chumps means.

From what we''ve seen the portents are not encouraging. So

0-4 this pm again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Wonder if Trybull will feature -                           Gunn        Zimmermann Klose Franke      Pinto            Trybull       Stiepermann                Vrancic   Naismith                            Murphy                         Oliveira

[/quote]

Well Trybull is in there with Tettey. Should give us a bit more bite in the middle of the park.                         Gunn Pinto Zimmermann Klose Stiepermann                   Tettey   Trybull              Vrancic  Maddison  Murphy                         Oliveira

Very surprised to see Reed dropped, a good chance for Trybull to introduce himself. Hopefully we can keep the ball a bit better today with a tighter midfield