Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Robbie Savage on Wes Hoolahan

That''s all the motivation Wes would need to rip the welsh apart when they meet.

Hope he does.

Because Robbie Savage was such a game changer for Wales when he played for them! I must have forgotten all the match winning games he played. Hope Wes destroys the Welsh now.

Reminds me of the time that clown time-wasted getting off the pitch for Derby that time.

That ended well for him too...

But he is right when he wonders why Wes doesn''t play for us regularly.

Hes got a point, if you put your hatred for RS aside and be honest with yourselves.

Lots of games where Wes just dosent show up and might as well be subbed after 15 mins.

other games where he runs the show, if he did that every game he wouldn''t have spent a decade at Norwich

[quote user="NCFC198"]Hes got a point, if you put your hatred for RS aside and be honest with yourselves. Lots of games where Wes just dosent show up and might as well be subbed after 15 mins. other games where he runs the show, if he did that every game he wouldn''t have spent a decade at Norwich[/quote]

It''s all about opinions but I think your opinion is rubbish.

Wes has his limitations, which is why he is still at Norwich (although there are points where we''ve had to fight to keep him).  For a player of his quality, he probably should score more goals.  He is not particularly quick, is small, and is extremely one-footed.

But, he''s a brilliant creative player who has consistently made things happen more than any other single player at City over the time he''s been with us.  Historically, we''ve always done better with Wes in the team than when managers left him out.  Various managers e.g. Hughton have under-estimated him and we''ve suffered as a result.

If he wasn''t such a pillock milking the applause when he walked off for Derby the ref wouldn''t have added another minute in which we scored, the rest is history.

Ignore it was from Savage. The basic truth was if Savage was wrong Wes would never have played for us for 10 years, a bigger club would have signed him years ago. I''m not knocking Wes, but don''t be blind to the fact too often we''ve all said something along the lines "God Wes is frustrating at times, he goes down too many blind alleys and if only he could have seen [another player] in space we wouldn''t have lost that one!"

But I wouldn''t have given up on all the memorable moments he''s gave us for that shortcoming.

As the ensuing opinion piece alludes to, these comments from Savage are more against Ireland as a footballing nation rather than Wes personally.Which will probably land Savage in hot water with the Irish football loving population, admittedly! Rightly so too.He is saying that he''s surprised that Ireland are relying on Wes as a talisman. A 35 year old guy who isn''t playing week in, week out for his club team. That''s because he''s older now and has to be managed properly to get the best out of him each game. Although I''d love to see Wes play every week, I''m not sure his body would take it.So, Robbie Savage is an utter moron and we all know it, but let''s not try and pretend this is a personal attack on Wes from him. It isn''t.He also said that a ''fit Seamus Coleman is the only Ireland player who would get into the Wales side''...

Manager after Manager at NCFC has thought that they can build a team without Wes in it, then slowly but surely they all realise that he is integral to any good-performances.

We can only hope that players like Pritchard and Maddison become "the new Wes", because at some point he will retire - and that day will be a very sad day.

Doubt if he will retire for a number of years probably end up playing in Ireland till he''s 50

His importance to the team reminds me of Ian Crook.  When Crook finished, I remember wondering if we''d be able to replace him and at the time the answer was simply no.  Many years of 2nd tier football followed...

As for Robbie Savage, yes I still have very fond memories of what followed his long walk off the pitch to be substituted !

Savage still hasn''t forgotten Jacko''s three goals and how he made himself look such a pri ck at CR.

ROI NEED to win next two games to stand a chance of qualifying, bet Wes doesnt play more than 120 mins of the 180, the Clowns in charge take him off when he''s playing well or throw him on with 20 left to rescue the game. Idiots.