Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

The Norfolk Cafu..............

Saturday is fast approaching, and if selected to play can we all do our bit to get behind Russ, he is not a fan''s favourite at the moment and i get his perfotrmance havent been the best, but certainly by by no way are the the worst.We know he bleeds yellow and green, and just maybe if the crowd start supporting and not booing him, we just might see some vintage Russ that inspired the chant "Russell Martin, the Norfolk Cafu....."Lets show the team we are behind each and every one of them ?

Nice sentiment Less and I''d do it myself but no chance most of the Martin scapegoaters would do this. Although tbf most of the whingers probably don''t go to the matches anyway.

@Nuff Said;Not disagreeing with you, but the best of luck with that.Well somewhere / somehow we need to see some change, at Millwall the team were carp, the fans were carp, so just maybe if we want a different outcome we have to take a different approach.

Did Cafu ever decide that his best position was not right back and that he wanted to play CB? Think Russ is a model pro, but his best position is right back. Think he is being lined up as the 3rd CB and I think he might do ok in there, alongside two ball winning CB''s.

Absolutely, unfortunately some fans are so thick that they need a single focal point to blame, and that seems to be RM at the moment.

If he is as terrible as they make out, and mostly responsible for our abysmal defending, surely Farke is at fault for picking him at all?

Whilst I agree with not booing him, I cant agree with this...

''We know he bleeds yellow and green, and just maybe if the crowd start supporting and not booing him, we just might see some vintage Russ that inspired the chant "Russell Martin, the Norfolk Cafu....."''

Those days have long gone for Russell Martin. He is 2nd choice RB, 3 or 4th choice CB at best. No amount of support will unwind the clock...

Isn''t Pinto much more like him as a player? Plus we all (especially the girls) love him, could use that chant for him, not a fan of Ivo Ivo Ivo repeated over and over again.

The syllables fit, wonder why it''s not been tried before. Russ hasn''t been a right back for about 5 years now.

This season When he did not start we kept and clean sheet and won

since he has been back we have let in 12 goals in 3 matches

now i am not a Manager but that is not looking great is it

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Whilst I agree with not booing him, I cant agree with this...

''We know he bleeds yellow and green, and just maybe if the crowd start supporting and not booing him, we just might see some vintage Russ that inspired the chant "Russell Martin, the Norfolk Cafu....."''

Those days have long gone for Russell Martin. He is 2nd choice RB, 3 or 4th choice CB at best. No amount of support will unwind the clock...[/quote]
Well if that''s true he won''t be playing.

[quote user="Just Dan"]Did Cafu ever decide that his best position was not right back and that he wanted to play CB? Think Russ is a model pro, but his best position is right back. Think he is being lined up as the 3rd CB and I think he might do ok in there, alongside two ball winning CB''s.[/quote]

His best position WAS right back previously but after a number of years playing CB and having lost a bit of pace I now don''t really feel comfortable with him playing there either. he drifts into the centre and also gets done for pace out there.

I think the only position that perhaps he can play these days is the right sided CB in a 3 centre backs formation but I don''t really like us with 3 at the back.

In short therefore he should not be playing on Saturday but I certainly won''t boo him if he does.

If Klose isn''t fit, if Zimmermann needs some time to get up to speed, if Franke is seen to not be fully integrated, then the likelihood is that the two centre backs against Birmingham will be Martin and Hanley, who know each other well and played together at a high level.  That looks like a good CB championship pairing to me. 

Is Klose fit LDC?

Look the point is that Russ ain''t the player he was. I will always support him but I hope players within the squad will find form and step up. I''m sure Russ will be more than happy to step aside.

It''s mistakes in possession which worry me, I feel he gives the ball away increasingly often (although I don''t have any stats).

Maybe he''s attempting more risky passes in the new playing style.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]This season When he did not start we kept and clean sheet and won

since he has been back we have let in 12 goals in 3 matches

now i am not a Manager but that is not looking great is it[/quote]

Ah that wonderful old chestnut. Such a convenient statistic. Against QPR I seem to remember an excellent Gunn save & a couple of easy chances missed. Compare with Millwall when 4 shots out of 5 on target found the net. We certainly looked no more secure against Rangers.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Another thread about Russ Martin? Tilly will be pleased 😂[/quote]Obviously struggling with telling the difference between one positive thread and a host of negative ones concerning RM hey Baldyboy ?

You mean where you made a negative comment about Martin by agreeing he''s not an international centre back? Ah yes it''s ok for you to be negative about Martin but no one else can? You epitomise all that is wrong with this forum by calling out others who post something that you actually say yourself! So many double standards it''s unreal

You have turned being negative into a cottage industry. No chance of double standards with you as consistent negativity is all you know. Leave you to the last word as no doubt you will be about like bees around a honey pot if it we play to your usual expectations this weekend.Have a nice evening.

If theres booing of our captain touching the ball on saturday it''s going to ruin the matchday for me, arguing with the numbskulls in the lower barclay.

I will be there on Saturday, I hope to see a good win for NCFC, will be supporting as I always do, no booing of players during the game, the reason I am like I am is because sadly we have gone to a decent level but crashed back down again. My feelings never change, I want the best for City-but having seen good and bad through the years I am sorry to see us in the mess we appear to be in currently, that in my opinion is down to the current owners who have failed to take us to the next level imo and again only my opinion are running us as they did back in the 90s instead of moving with the times.

Now that may appear negative but I want the best but I believe in this dah and age that hiring the manager they have, buying the players they have is not going to work

I hope I am wrong but sadly again only my opinion the early signs say I could be correct.

If you wish to debate it further I will be happy to over a beer on Saturday before the game, I''d love to actually have a proper discussion with the likes of yourself or even Nutty as I have said previously, I''m actually coming on the train so I can have a beer before the game on Saturday so as I say the offer is there

Not sure what train I''m getting home yet Nutty, but if I get later one I will, but only if you promise not to pour a pint over my head! 😂

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I will be in the Nelson, opposite the train station, after the game along with many other posters. Come and say hello Baldy.[/quote]I will join you Nutty as well. [Y]

Best I get a later train then I think, I shall let Mrs B know I will be on the later train, I look forward to meeting you finally and you can counsel me on the error of my ways over a pint or two

I will never understand booing of individual players. It''s a team sport and if the whole team has performed badly for 45 or 90 minutes I can understand it. Russ, although imo his best days are behind him, has always given his all for the side and deserves better than to be singled out for abuse. I would take Martin over players like Croft, Clingan, Sibierski and even the Doc any day of the week.