Sign in to follow this  
Davo

Reed

So why no Reed today? Is he carrying a knock!?

How did Trybull rate over Reed?

Just curious as I wasn''t there today.

Thanks

I thought Trybull was excellent today, and my MOM.

Kept it simple, but effective.

Possibly didn''t get forward as far as Reed, but done an excellent job as I say.

Reed was on the bench, presume he was just swapped for the game as Farke wanted a more solid midfield.Trybull had a good game. Didn''t do anything spectacular but he was neat and tidy. Got stuck in and won a few tackles. Good energy. More physical than Reed.

Thought Trybull was very good and it allowed Tettey to push forward, which he did surprisingly effectively.
Reed doesn''t really seem to do that much for me. Can''t see what he offers over Trybull tbh - I''d say it''s Trybull''s place to lose atm.

When we had the ball Trybull was always in space, and kept his passes nice and simple. Can''t really remember anything more than 10yards.

When we didn''t have have the ball Trybull was always the one that appeared first, not necessarily winning the ball but making sure he held the Birmingham play up

I thought he wasn''t a lot better then Tettey today...

Thought Tettey and Trybull worked very well together doubling up for each other, with Zimmerman and Klose having a good partnership together that block of four made us look much more physically competitive.

He was neat and tidy and had the positional discipline we often lack in midfield to give the defence cover. Allowed Tettey to be more box to box which seemed to suit him.

We were solid right through the middle today which is what you need if you are going to win football matches. It''s a long season so we need strength in depth. Wouldn''t be surprised though if Reed replaces Tettey on Tuesday.

Tettey had a couple of really good runs from deep which changed the momentum of play and got Birmingham facing their own goal.

If we''re going to stick with this formation I think it might be a rotation with any two of Tettey/Trybull/Reed starting. Vranic strikes me as too lightweight to play there though.

Greavsy wrote the following post at 09/09/2017 6:12 PM:

I thought Trybull was excellent today, and my MOM.

Kept it simple, but effective.

Possibly didn''t get forward as far as Reed, but done an excellent job as I say.

I was really impressed with Trybull, he worked really hard, was good defensively and going forward, I think we have signed the real deal there. He misplaced a few passes in the second half, appeared to tire and I was a bit surprised he didn''t get subbed towards the end. But an excellent performance. We have an abundance of riches in the mid field.

As good as Reed is, and I am a big admirer, for me today trybull was mom, closely followed by Tettey. I think they welded the defensive unit together, and it was important to keep a clean sheet today, albeit at the cost of, perhaps, that creative spark that maybe Reed brings. Experience was what we needed in there, and that was what we got. Klose was also very commanding, how we have missed him, and Zimmerman certainly grew in stature because of Klose''s presence.

Not all will agree, but that''s my take on it today.

I am pretty sure Klose has been studying old footage of Gary Doherty ! Either that or someone has had a word , excellent today , launched the ball into the stands when necessary , none of the previous dangerous dribbling out of his own area , good defensive performance from all today .

Didnt we only sign Trybull for one year?

Thought he was good today, very well disciplined. Neat and tidy on the ball and not afraid to get stuck in despite not being the biggest.

Good news is we got a little flexibility in our midfield selection now.

He was signed as cheap cover for the injured Thompson. His career has been on a downwards turn.A short contract is motivation to earn a new, bigger one.I said it when we signed him, it was a smart buy. Hope he does well as we''ll need somebody when Reed goes back.

Really impressed with Trybull today, look really sharp,likes a tackle, nice tidy passing and looked to be doing a fair bit of talking and organising

Got no worries about Maddison Yorkshire, certainly not his best performance today but we have seen him play much better than that and know he is very talented.

Maybe he had a few less options around him today, he is at his best when the play goes through him in midfield imo.