Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Birmingham match thread

HT 1-0

Got a bit scrappy in the last 10 minutes with a few bookings but on the whole a good display.

Same feeling we''ve had most games we''ve played well as we did all last season, we just aren''t really making the most of the chances we''re creating. Could be 2 or 3 up, should be at least 2 with Nelson''s 1 on 1. Can''t remember Brum having a shot at all.

We certainly seem to have been more direct with the ball today

Sounds like at times the wrong people are getting the ball in the wrong areas of the pitch.

Frustration we cannot kill these games off. We''ve been so much better than Brum and 1-0 isn''t a true reflection. But if you don''t score it''ll hurt you, I just hope we get the next goal...

Starting to feel like the kind of game Wes will help see out. Time to get him on for Madders IMO

Can''t say I''ve heard thunder or seen any lightning Paul, its still raining though...

[quote user="AJ"]Can''t say I''ve heard thunder or seen any lightning Paul, its still raining though...[/quote]That''s good .... I don''t like to think there''s close lightning to our valuable players, especially the Portuguese..

Sounds frustrating. Sounds like we don''t want to commit too many forward in support. Obviously a clean sheet is the coaches instructions and hopefully be braver against Burton.

If this finishes as it is, whilst I''d be happy, we must be disappointed that we didn''t see this out better. How have we only scored one goal given the chances we''ve created? So poor in the final third still

[quote user="OldRobert"]Here comes Husband.[/quote]

[:|]

Fair enough, good result even if the performance wasn''t great against average opponents.Still not convinced but it''s a small step in the right direction.

Husband sets a new personal best - 7 minutes on the pitch without costing us a goal. Miracles never cease.

Seriously though, happy with that performance. Not vintage in the second half but looked far more solid defensively and kept Bham well and truly at bay. Gunn didn''t have a save to make. Showed some street smarts as well towards the end with taking the ball to the corner etc.

Not a perfect performance and there''s still things to work out but massive improvement. Tettey and Trybull have to start for me and defence should not be messed with under any circumstances.