Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

And the bubble goes **POP**

[quote user="king canary"]Also amused by the continuing incompetence of Aston Villa.[/quote]
Most definitely - All the Villa fans reckon Bruce is the problem. They can''t see it''s Tony Xia with his "buy everyone for £10mill more than they''re worth" policy. You cannot build a team just by buying good players (particularly if you''re not all that great at evaluating them and buy them just because they''re a "name" (Cough* JohnTerry *cough*) - they have to gel, and they have to fit a system - we learned that last season - Talent alone does not win leagues. 
Villa fans are so far up Xia''s ar5e they don''t see it though - honestly - go and take a look through Xia''s twitter feed - because he tells them the minutiae of every transfer deal, they all think he''s the second coming of Christ and can''t wait to tug him off about how great he is - it''s truly pathetic.
They will surely implode quite spectacularly when FFP catches up with them if they don''t go up this season. They''re paying John wifeshagger £3mill in wages and £3mill bonus if they go up!

Yeah I was thinking even in January their signings didn''t make any sense. The squad they have is bloated and imbalanced and every transfer window seems to make it worse- they most own some huge number of central midfielders and central defenders.

Felt like Tony Xia fell into the same trap Tony Fernandes did, the agents knew he had money, and ended up over-paying to force deals through.I mean McCormack, Kodija, and Hogan for £10-12million a piece. Then Chester, Elphick, Jedinak, De Laet, and latterly Terry and Whelan. It''s a combination between a retirement home for Premiership rejects and Championship mid-table players. Lansbury and Hourihane won''t sign new deals? Snap them up as well!Quote from Villa fans (I do enjoy drinking their tears most Saturdays) "The squad is very good. Most Championship teams can only dream of a

squad like ours, including some that are challenging for promotion, but

it is not balanced, we list to the right very heavily. We also have more

rightbacks than the rest of the league put together. This squad though

is easily good enough for promotion."We''d want very few (if any ) Villa players in our squad, simply because it doesn''t fit the "young, hungry players" mantra that we''re now trying to get back to.

Im more confident today that by Oct we''ll really be in our stride which will make for a good game down there hopefully

Meant to add they are going to sing our song for us in Oct

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/413994/anyway.....-norwich-putting-song-words-in-the-program/#4

Can someone do clicky please

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Felt like Tony Xia fell into the same trap Tony Fernandes did, the agents knew he had money, and ended up over-paying to force deals through.I mean McCormack, Kodija, and Hogan for £10-12million a piece. Then Chester, Elphick, Jedinak, De Laet, and latterly Terry and Whelan. It''s a combination between a retirement home for Premiership rejects and Championship mid-table players. Lansbury and Hourihane won''t sign new deals? Snap them up as well!Quote from Villa fans (I do enjoy drinking their tears most Saturdays) "The squad is very good. Most Championship teams can only dream of a

squad like ours, including some that are challenging for promotion, but

it is not balanced, we list to the right very heavily. We also have more

rightbacks than the rest of the league put together. This squad though

is easily good enough for promotion."We''d want very few (if any ) Villa players in our squad, simply because it doesn''t fit the "young, hungry players" mantra that we''re now trying to get back to.[/quote]

Think Hourihane would have been a good signing!

Yeah I''d take a few of that Villa squad but as we saw last season having a great squad on paper is meaningless if you can''t make them at least the sum of their parts. Villa don''t look like a team.