Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Labour Would Ban Betting Logos On Kits.

That''s not really dealing with the point I raised is it Duncan?

Feel free to try and divert the issue though.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]You''re making his point for him.[/quote]Me?Don''t be a douche, mate. I explained what a FOTB was didn''t I?Now, crawl back into your shell. There''s a good lad.[/quote]

Yes. You.

Is FOTB wrath of the barclay''s sister site?[/quote]Ah ok. Great.I''ll let you off for the Fat of the Land picture ;-)

No Van.

I''m sorry for not addressing the issue directly. Of course, gambling is bad. Really bad. Especially those nasty machines. I mean, it''s totally unfair to those that don''t have the capacity to comprehend that a machine programmed to payout a percentage (something like 97% on roulette) doesn''t provide a long-term profit making scheme. These irresponsible firms should also stop dragging people in off the street and holding a gun to their head until they''ve done their nuts on Rainbow Riches 🌈- there''s no pot of gold...

Safest thing would be to outlaw gambling. Or at least ban thick people. I for one will not place a bet all season at Carrow Road in protest. I suggest others join me in this act, let''s show solidarity and support for our weak, vulnerable, skint brethren. 👊🏽

Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 07/09/2017 4:37 PM:

No Van.

I''m sorry for not addressing the issue directly. Of course, gambling is bad. Really bad. Especially those nasty machines. I mean, it''s totally unfair to those that don''t have the capacity to comprehend that a machine programmed to payout a percentage (something like 97% on roulette) doesn''t provide a long-term profit making scheme. These irresponsible firms should also stop dragging people in off the street and holding a gun to their head until they''ve done their nuts on Rainbow Riches 🌈- there''s no pot of gold...

Safest thing would be to outlaw gambling. Or at least ban thick people. I for one will not place a bet all season at Carrow Road in protest. I suggest others join me in this act, let''s show solidarity and support for our weak, vulnerable, skint brethren. 👊🏽

It''s a shame you seem to have no comprehension of the levels of social deprivation and inequality that exist within the UK, within our own county indeed.

Preying on the vulnerable in society isn''t really a matter to be flippant about.

But each to his own buddy.

Thanks Van Wink. I''m glad that despite having differing views on this subject that we can remain civil and talk about it.

It''s obvious that you hold a strong opinion on this matter and I have nothing but respect for your position - even though I think you''re wrong about the betting industry and have seen and provided plenty of evidence to show it.

I''m not going to change your mind, but I''d urge you to try a betting shop for size and see for yourself that it really isn''t the case that they prey on people at all. As someone that occasionally frequents prominent High St organisations, I have seen it first hand and witnessed these poor unfortunates being approached about their gambling behaviour, restricted and in some cases banned for their own protection.

Thanks again for your thoughtful and continued contributions buddy. 👍👍👍

Oh, and while we''re looking out for people in perilous positions, you might want to invest in a protective hard hat just in case you fall off that high (race)horse. Buddy. 👍👍👍🐎🐎🐎⛑⛑⛑

I''m not on a high horse Duncan, I''m just pointing out that betting companies are exploiting social inequality and poverty.

Happy to leave it there as you believe otherwise.

Good to keep it civil 👍

So you keep saying but I know that you''re wildly wide of the mark. Glad your horse isn''t high, those helmets are devilishly expensive.

Yes, I''m sure I won''t convince you and I''ve no wish to be wrong so we won''t agree, again, thanks for your thoughtful and considered responses. 👍

[quote user="paul moy"]Labour won''t see power again so don''t worry.......  but even if they did..... remember this !!http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/3179722/The-Ecclestone-Affair-Labours-first-funding-scandal.html[/quote]

No one under the age of 45 can remember the damage that a left wing Labour government inflicted on the country.

These young people who are buying into this brazenly populist agenda would do well to dig out the history books.

The 1970s saw the unions running the country.

Blackouts.

Three day working week.

Going hand in cap to the IMF for a bailout in 1976.

Rampant inflation.

Rubbish in the streets.

Labour always wind up hurting the people they claim to favour the most - the poor. Labour do not understand the fundamentals of how economies work. You need people to create wealth and jobs and tax revenues for public services. If you want to destroy the rich you will bring everyone else down as well because there will be no money for the services that are presently taken for granted.

Labour

Not for the many

Not for the few

End of.

Labour is only opposed to gambling as an act of virtue signalling given that they are not proposing to shut every bookies in the land.

Nanny knows best. For all it''s apparent evils gambling is a matter of free choice like smoking or drinking (which are life threatening ) and are not on the proposed ban.

It''s a cheap headline for the virtue signalling holier than thou lot. Wait till they take your vote away because they want a one party state. It is usually the way with Marxists. The rationale will be the same - people need protecting from themselves and need their government to do their thinking for them.

The virtue signallers believe they are morally superior to everyone else. Their bogus sanctimony knows no bounds. This smug moral grandstanding is dressed up as caring - don''t be fooled. They are as wicked as the other lot. Plus they think you are a moron. You who are unable to exercise free choice. Democratic free choice. They hate that. They''d like to tell you how to run your life. It is like an enforced religion this leftist narrative. The individual has no value and freedom of choice and personal responsiblity are no longer virtues. Nanny knows best morons.

Apparently, nothing is actually wrong with an uncontrollable gambling addiction including running up a serious debt. Just as long as you also don''t drink alcohol excessively, eat unhealthily, smoke heavily, have uncontrollable sexual desires - or recreationally do class A drugs.....That would actually, be very foolish......

Is there more betting facilities in our City than there''s boozers, fast food joints, brothels and lap dancing clubs, tobacconists and crack houses?.......Gotta cater for everyone''s tastes and their desire how to utilise their disposable income..... Society, shouldn''t be selfish......Should it?......

As can be seen on the excellent sustain future thread money is the main consideration in life. Where as betting shops and the football pools only appealed to a comparative few the National Lottery and associated advertising suddenly took the appeal to the many. It specifically targeted those with least money telling them "it could be you". This opened the door to wednesday draws, scratch cards again targetting the poorer people in society. Those that can least afford it. If I was cynical I''d begin to wonder if a future Labour government was protecting it''s share.
They reckon there''s more chance of getting struck by lightning than winning the lottery. My Uncle Jim, we called him Lucky Jim, was struck by lightning last week. He unfortunately didn''t make it. However I''m going to continue to do his numbers.
[8]I''m in the money....

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="paul moy"]Labour won''t see power again so don''t worry.......  but even if they did..... remember this !!http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/3179722/The-Ecclestone-Affair-Labours-first-funding-scandal.html[/quote]

No one under the age of 45 can remember the damage that a left wing Labour government inflicted on the country.

These young people who are buying into this brazenly populist agenda would do well to dig out the history books.

The 1970s saw the unions running the country.

Blackouts.

Three day working week.

Going hand in cap to the IMF for a bailout in 1976.

Rampant inflation.

Rubbish in the streets.

Labour always wind up hurting the people they claim to favour the most - the poor. Labour do not understand the fundamentals of how economies work. You need people to create wealth and jobs and tax revenues for public services. If you want to destroy the rich you will bring everyone else down as well because there will be no money for the services that are presently taken for granted.

Labour

Not for the many

Not for the few

End of.[/quote]

As they say, those that don''t learn from history are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.  Perhaps this is why the lefties don''t teach history nowadays........

Jesus, he was ranting and raving about how teachers and lecturers brainwash students with their evil leftishness a few weeks back, now lefties don''t teach history?

Imagine if Paul moy''s IQ actually reached double-digits.

In centuries past being left handed was considered to be a sign of illegitimacy. Today many think of lefties as being b@st@rds. It would seem not a lot has changed. 😊

Oh Crafty, you spoil this forum with your wit and wisdom.Enjoy the Last Night Of The Proms?

Is that a Japanese missile warning going off?

No it is Paul Moy and Vince whining again.

Labour -the think tank where the Tories now get their ideas from.

Herman wrote the following post at 10/09/2017 3:00 PM:

Oh Crafty, you spoil this forum with your wit and wisdom.

Enjoy the Last Night Of The Proms

Spoil this forum? Well it''s hardly difficult to do!

Yes, I did enjoy LNOTP thank you except for those remoaners waving their tatty little flags. Still once we have left they can take advantage of one of our great democratic freedoms - the right to bugger off to the EU. As the Swedish lady was belting out Rule Britannia I did think the lines about us never being slaves should be played to Juncker and co to remind them that we won''t be cowered by their bullying tactics.

LNOTP - shudder........Absolutely detest when it''s on, especially as it always seemed to take off programmes I wanted to watch so they could show it instead!

There was a guy in the Nelson after the game yesterday claimed he was Crafty Canary. Clean cut, smartly dressed and pleasant young chap. It got a laugh anyway....