Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Tuesday's Team Sheet

Will Farke stick to a winning side and accept young men can play two games of football in a week or will all those players whom he appeared to find the courage to drop on Saturday all come back in as it was all just a squad rotation?

If Naismith starts on Tuesday and performs to his usual level of effectiveness for example; and we don''t do better than struggle to beat Burton I expect fans will be unhappy.

It is time this side settled and a win is the best basis to start.

Problem with Hanley replacing Zimm is Hanley is likely to favour left side or he certainly played there for Scotland with Martin on the right side. Stick with same side whilst on a roll of sorts.

[quote user="pete"]Problem with Hanley replacing Zimm is Hanley is likely to favour left side or he certainly played there for Scotland with Martin on the right side. Stick with same side whilst on a roll of sorts.[/quote]I could see one or two changes in midfield or even up front, but don''t see why anyone would want to change a successful centre back pairing.  Zimmermann and Klose have a head start on the others having helped get a clean. I hope they both start on Tuesday.

If Farke wants to keep the fans inside he surely has to resist changing the team too much? Only one I would change would be Vrancic for either Wildschut or Wes

Certainly he must keep the same defence that has kept only the second clean sheet.  He likes to tinker though.....

Think we can maybe afford to be a bit more open against Burton, so straight swap Tettey -> Reed purely on the basis that the former will probably be knackered. Wouldn''t be surprised if Hanley gets a start ahead of Zim, which I think ultimately is the long-term plan.Apart from that, as you were really. Let''s get some momentum going.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]I think Reed and Wes in, with Tettey and Vranic making way. Possibly Hanley in for Zimmerman.[/quote]Agree with the first two. Wouldn''t change anything in the back four though, off the back of a clean sheet. No need to rest Zimmermann, centre back is the least arduous outfield position to play.

"Think we can maybe afford to be a bit more open against Burton"
How many times did we get beaten last season because we thought we could afford to be more open against this team or that? As said on another thread, you don''t cement good defensive instincts and habits by changing the emphasis from game to game. If Burton are genuinely easier meat than Birmingham, we will beat them comfortable without being any more open. Whatever the changes to the team, I want to see exactly the same approach. 

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]I think Reed and Wes in, with Tettey and Vranic making way. Possibly Hanley in for Zimmerman.[/quote]Agree with the first two. Wouldn''t change anything in the back four though, off the back of a clean sheet. No need to rest Zimmermann, centre back is the least arduous outfield position to play.[/quote]I''m not a fan of changing the back line after a good performance either. I just think that, with the finances as tight as they apparently are, we didn''t spend £3-4m on a player for him to sit on the bench. That said, I did prefix it with "possibly" and it would be tough on Zimmerman to get dropped after a good performance yesterday.

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]Will Farke stick to a winning side and accept young men can play two games of football in a week or will all those players whom he appeared to find the courage to drop on Saturday all come back in as it was all just a squad rotation?

If Naismith starts on Tuesday and performs to his usual level of effectiveness for example; and we don''t do better than struggle to beat Burton I expect fans will be unhappy.

It is time this side settled and a win is the best basis to start.[/quote]

It''s a difficult one because Farke is I believe of the school that believes in squad rotation, so more than likely some changes. I would keep the same shape, resting Tettey and Maddison, bringing in Reed and Wes. Vrancic I think needs games and this one could be one he could shine in so I''d keep him in. I wonder if we will see Naismith or Watkins in for Murphy and Cam in for Oliveira, both of whom could of course come on if needed.  So, because it''s a squad game for Farke, possibly four changes -                         GunnPinto Zimmermann Klose Stiepermann                 Reed Trybull         Watkins Vrancic Wes                     Jerome   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]Will Farke stick to a winning side and accept young men can play two games of football in a week or will all those players whom he appeared to find the courage to drop on Saturday all come back in as it was all just a squad rotation?

It is time this side settled and a win is the best basis to start.[/quote]

It''s a difficult one because Farke is I believe of the school that believes in squad rotation, so more than likely some changes. I would keep the same shape, resting Tettey and Maddison, bringing in Reed and Wes. Vrancic I think needs games and this one could be one he could shine in so I''d keep him in. I wonder if we will see Naismith or Watkins in for Murphy and Cam in for Oliveira, both of whom could of course come on if needed.  So, because it''s a squad game for Farke, possibly four changes -                         GunnPinto Zimmermann Klose Stiepermann                 Reed Trybull         Watkins Vrancic Wes                     Jerome   [/quote]

What''s the reasoning behind dropping Oliveira?

The question will be if Klose is fit enough for two games in 4 days after a spell on the side lines. If not I''d expect to see Hanley in.

So Hanley, Reed and Wes maybe in for Klose, Tettey and Maddison.

If we somehow end up with Martin or Naismith starting though...

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Two changes for me. Tettey replaced by Reed and Vrancic dropped to accommodate Hoolahan back in the hole. Maddisson back into CM.[/quote]

Agree With this

After keeping a clean sheet so many people are saying they wouldn''t change the ''defence''.

Surely the players playing in front of the back four, and the set up of the team, had much to do with the improved performance and helped acchieve the clean sheet.

If it aint broke, don''t mend it!

Yes we defended from the front yesterday. Last season we would have attacked from the back. We may have won 7-1, drawn or even lost. I preferred that tbh. We haven''t had many home seasons like that.

Never change a winning team, my hubby always says, but if Tettey really can''t play two games in 4 days then Reed has to come in, plus wonder if Wessie might come in for Mario ??

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Wes for Maddison only change for me.[/quote] Yes. Why would you drop Vrancic, who made more tackles on Saturday that anyone else in the side, in order to find a place for Wes? Any changes should be like for like as far as possible, not such as to alter the balance or the approach.

It will be interesting to see who is picked and also the tactics we adopt. I expect to see the formation change quite regularly from what the manager has said but having got a clean sheet and stopped the rot I''d be surprised if we didn''t play the same way again.