Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

madison

What do people think of him this season. There has been a lot of hype about him and he certainly does have some good touches but seems to have very limited impact for me at the moment. Of course he has you on his side and we need to be patient but a tad disappointing for me at the moment

To be honest, I don''t watch much of the USL, so it''s difficult to say how he''s done this season for Rochester, but the scoring records don''t look good with 3 in 13 so far for them, and he''s been nowhere near the US national team for the past 3 seasons.Are you unhappy with Nelson or Jerome or something Yorkshire?, as I''m not seeing the point on this one...

Well the point is for me based on the games this season I am asking is maddison as good as the local hype has built him up to be. Josh murphy has eased into the shoes vacated by his brother and has put in some excellent performances. Maddison for me is currently getting starts but I am not sure that will continue if we place a more holding midfield pair like we did yesterday. Clearly he has promise and some fine touches but I have not witnessed a stand out performance from him yet. It was a deserved victory yesterday but against one of the weaker sides in the division

Indy, it''s clearly not who he meant...

However, I was shocked how she crumbled against somebody who was the world 957 just a few weeks back. The 15th seed should be a lot better than losing in an hour, especially in a major final...

Or are we on about another Madison?

Maybe he was referring to Garrett Madison as an allusion to the mountain he feels we may have to climb back to the PL?Considering his success at Everest, should be a piece of cake here...

He''s generally done well. He''s young so will have some games where things don''t come off. Like most of our players he plays a lot better alongside Wes who is on the same wavelength.

I''m a big fan and think that he is real class, not at his best yesterday, but has been excellent so far this season

Young players will be inconsistent. He is still an excellent talent and while I think there may be a good chance we''ll rotate Wes in this week I''d hope Maddison is back in the team soon enough.

I used to dance the Madison, dressed in my Italian suit.

Well he won the header that got us our goal, his dead ball delivery was excellent throughout and he linked well with Josh Murphy a few times. yeah he wasn''t at his magical best but it was a very mature performance by him.

[quote user="hampton canary"]He is a young player with bags of potential and we need to accept that he will have a quiet game occasionally.[/quote]

^^^^

This

You could argue he''s been in our top three players of the season so far, which for a young player who has hardly touched the Championship prior to this season is a fantastic start.

I agree that patience is required with him and other youngsters, quiet games are inevitable but he''s had more good games than he''s had average.

We are very lucky to have him.

Fantastic piece of business and all due acclaim to those responsible for landing this little gem who will surely go on to better things.

I cannot understand those who look for faults, however small.

I cannot imagine the influence that he will have on the team if he is still with us one year from now.

Considering this is his first taste of championship football in a side that is very much a new construct and has collectively struggled I think he''s done very well. Just consider how many different midfield line ups he''s featured in already.

He''s obviously good on the ball and despite being slight he''s not easily knocked off it as you might think. Of course he will have better days than others, and although Saturday didn''t see him make a huge impact I thought his work rate was great and he made a few decent challenges too - he certainly wasn''t willing to be a passenger.

A quiet game but in his defence I thought he got kicked up in the air by Birmingham and was afforded (unsurprisingly given it was Simon Hooper) little protection from the referee. He is 20 years old, far from the finished product and has started just 5 games at this level.

He seems to be a bit quieter without Wes on the pitch - I guess they are the kind of players that bring the best out of each other.

Special mention for the slick through-ball against Brum for Pinto on the overlap to square for Murphy into the empty net. Sadly, Pinto was offside but can''t have been too much in it