Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Have we ever had so few British players in a starting XI?

Hi all, long term reader of the forum, thought I''d finally take the plunge and get involved.

Just an observation from Saturday''s team sheet - Gunn, Maddison and Murphy were our only British players involved from the start with the rest from overseas. Has there ever been so few starting a competitive game for City?

This isn''t a criticism as such, merely an observation - whilst I enjoy seeing British (and where possible, local players) pull on the jersey, I ultimately want to see a winning Norwich City side.

Welcome on board York Canary. Blimey that must be half a dozen new posters in the last few days. Have a look at the PUPs thread mate as i am sure Nutty would love you on board.In answer to your thread topic no is the simple reply.

Welcome aboard York Canary, great to have so many new posters and returning posters joining in nowadays.

Re your question its a resounding No from me too, didn''t realise there were only 3 British players playing until you pointed it out.

Thanks Til and Diane. Til, I''ll be sure to check the PUP thread, thank you.

I guess the influx of foreign players comes with the territory of the new regime, so many players still in the bedding in process of English (and Championship) football - I''m looking forward to a month or two down the line once these players have bedded in.

It would be quite easy to field a good side of entirely non-British outfield players:-----------------Franke--Zimmermann--Klose----------------------Pinto------Tettey--Trybull---Vrancic----Stiepermann---------------------------Wildschut----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oliveira-------------------------------Suppose you could also include Wes in that if ROI is classified as ''non-British''.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]It would be quite easy to field a good side of entirely non-British outfield players:-----------------Franke--Zimmermann--Klose----------------------Pinto------Tettey--Trybull---Vrancic----Stiepermann---------------------------Wildschut----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oliveira-------------------------------Suppose you could also include Wes in that if ROI is classified as ''non-British''.[/quote]

I''m quite sure that no one in the ROI considers themselves ''British''. If only Mr McGovern had been born on the other side of the border we could have had a complete XI