Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Trybull

It must have been the highlight of the day for you captain what with plaice coujons and no Golden Goal ticket selling totty in The Gunn Club ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Has he got really hairy armpits too ?[/quote][:D] I had forgotten about them.

I also thought he was MOTM.

Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you get what you need.

Perhaps (unfairly judged) one of the least naturally gifted players on the pitch, but conversely the most effective.

Won balls, including a very surprisingly high percentage of headers, harried, covered ground, covered players, gave the ball simple, was alert to danger and clearly someone who not only wants to win, but also hates losing. Not at all the same thing.

An excellent game and just what we need.

Parma

Got a bit tired towards the end but a very good performance otherwise. Just shaded by TK for MOTM.

Trybull was MOM for me. He sniffed out so much danger and was always looking to be available for a pass. The other thing that really stuck out for me was how he is extremely vocal and lead the midfield and attackers. He was constantly organising the shape and getting the attacking players back to mark etc.. we''ve sorely missed leaders on the pitch, so it was great to see him and Klose offering more leadership.

Not trying to cause trouble but interesting that Trybull is seen as a leader for talking, shouting, organising players whereas Naismith and Martin are ''pointy, whiny and blaming everyone else''

But yes, Trybull was very good and not far off MOTM

It is a pity that he is Trybull 19 and not Trybull 20.

hogesar wrote the following post at 10/09/2017 4:10 PM:

Not trying to cause trouble but interesting that Trybull is seen as a leader for talking, shouting, organising players whereas Naismith and Martin are ''pointy, whiny and blaming everyone else''

A fair point but I think the difference is to be doing those things you need to be leading by example in your own play. Not always been the case with Naismith.

@Hoegsar

You can never tell what is being said on the pitch but my gut feel is that looking at body language, facial expressions etc is that Naismith only seems to offer blame and anger without much encouragement. I''ve never seen Martin as whiney but as the leader of our defence he doesn''t seem particularly effective.

Problem is though that goes against all our younger players who name drop Naismith as being a big help to them - Josh seems to go to Naismith more often than not when celebrating a goal too.

Naismith was named as a leader by the players at our forum last week. In fact I''ve never heard anyone at the club have a bad word about him.

That maybe true.

The thing is, results on the pitch seem to be better without him so his leadership is clearly not so important to us.

Only thing I would say is that it would be very rare for a player to come out and say ''Nah, Naismith is a total dick, hate the moany idiot.''

However I don''t doubt the younger players like and respect him.