Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Good result?

What would constitute a good result tonight?  Burton won''t be as open as they were against Leeds and will be no pushover, so a 1-0 and the three points would be good at this stage imo. Obviously hoping for a bigger margin, but 1-0 would set us up for Saturday.

What makes you think Burton will not be as open as they were against Leeds Lakey ? What do you know about their recent performances that we don''t and to make such a statement i take it you watched far more of the 90 minutes on Saturday than the rest of us ?

Jesus. Is this post serious?

Any win is a good result. Doesn''t matter if its Barcelona or Burton. A win is 3 points whether you score 1 goal or 10 goals....

Burton got tonked 5-0 at Leeds on Saturday so their natural reaction will be to defend, stick all their men behind the ball. If you offered Clough a 0-0 he''d snap your hand off. Might be hard for us to break them down, as it''s not always our strong point so patience will be needed. A good game for Wes. We''d all like 5 or 6 of course but could be a frustrating night.

A win is a good result. Anything other than a win is a poor result.

I would ideally like to see evidence of a growing understanding in the team and a more coherent performance where we control the ball/tempo a bit more than Saturday.

I think Lakey means at what stretch is the win.

A cheeky 1-0.

Or a hammering?

Like others have said, potential banana skin. Would like a win of course, a nice comfortable 2-0. But since this is Norwich, we''ll probably go a goal down and take 85 mins to find the equaliser.

A win''s a win, I''d settle for the points right now but clearly we want it to be ''convincing'' - whatever that means. Apparently Burton were without several players against Leeds, and you would assume the defence has been given a bit of a kick up the arse so I doubt it''ll be as easy as some expect.....think back to last season, we all expected the 3 points at their place and got a bit of a slap.

You know, I''d take 1-0. I think Burton will follow the Millwall programme of going direct and attempt to muscle us out of the game. I can''t seem them sitting with 10 men behind the ball waiting to be picked off by Hoolahan. Here''s hoping we set up like we did against Brum and not attempt tika-taka. Not the sort of team to try that with.

Any kind of win will build confidence. A clean sheet would be an added bonus.

Small steps and all that.

[quote user="hogesar"]Any kind of win will build confidence. A clean sheet would be an added bonus.

Small steps and all that.[/quote]^ This obviously.