Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Soft Underbelly Reigns OK

What on earth is Farke on about?

He is now saying that on the basis of the midfielders having done a bit of running on Saturday, some of them now need to be rested.

Here we are 6 games into the league season and having had one of the most rigorous pre-season training regimes in recent memory and the players are clapped out?

I thought all that pre-season training was supposed to put the gas in the tank to make the players last 46 games??? Given that according to Farke the players are now clapped out were we therefore told a lot of porkies about how the pre-season was going to make them all so fit???

Thinking of some of the players here in the past, can you imagine Suggett, Megson, Phelan, Dion Dublin, Gary Holt, etc begging the manager for a rest after 6 games???

Some players now are only worth their weight in cotton wool.

Very poor effort Vince. You completely failed to directly blame the Stowmarket Two and there''s no reference to ''the boy'' when listing someones name.

He''s probably just talking about Alexander Tettey and we all knew about his vulnerabilities in any case.

Possibly also an excuse to switch Vrancic for Wes, or may be give young Madisson a break ... from starting at least.

We do have good talent in the mid-field, although I wouldn''t like to see too much tinkering.

Watching Windshutt with a full head of steam must be fun for home supporters, even though some reports have suggested he is a bit of a headless chicken.

I haven''t read your OP, but if you have a soft underbelly Vince may I suggest a low carb diet. Just by cutting bread, potato, pasta and rice out I have lost 35lbs in 4 months and no longer suffer from a soft underbelly. Who knows, a couple of months of dieting and you might even be able to change your handle to Little Vince. Wouldn''t that be nice?

Anyone who has been watching Norwich for the past few seasons will know the following;

Tettey cannot play every game because he suffers and assumably due to age takes a little longer to recover from games.

Hoolahan cannot play every game more than likely for similar reasons.

Therefore, I wouldn''t be surprised to see Reed come in for Tettey, and possibly Wes for Maddison tonight. Neither of those switches would be a surprise if so... Certainly nothing to moan about, as long as we win, of course