Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Hurricane Irma

Well I am directly in the path of the hurricane coming here to Florida....just wanted to say if anything were to happen any chance can someone grab a bag of ashes and sprinkle it on Carrow Road :) ....and OTBC!!!!!!!!!

I followed the devastating hurricane Harvey throughout and this one is far more dangerous, probably going to be the strongest ever, being a Cat 5 already with winds at 185 MPH and gusts over 200 MPH.  Good luck ....... I''d evacuate ASAP !!!

Haven''t there always been hurricanes and bad weather etc Wal?

Not sure the link to global warming/climate change is relevent.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Will that nice Mr Trump now start to believe there may be something in global warming after all?[/quote]There may be.... there may not be........  but I''m sure Brexit has had an effect.....

Good thing it''s not heading for Ipswich, it might do millions of pounds worth of improvements. 😀

Seriously though, good luck to all in Irma''s path.

Blurboy. Good luck and be sure to keep a look out for James Cusack or Stallone or someone and stick to them like glue.

I lived in Sarasota in The Meadows for 10 years so many Hurricane warnings turned out to be a damp squib, remember a few when the local kids used to surf when the hurricane was in full swing on Siesta Beach and Lido Beach

Stay safe eat at Hooters and you''ll die a happy man

[quote user="daly"]I lived in Sarasota in The Meadows for 10 years so many Hurricane warnings turned out to be a damp squib, remember a few when the local kids used to surf when the hurricane was in full swing on Siesta Beach and Lido Beach

Stay safe eat at Hooters and you''ll die a happy man[/quote]
Siesta Beach eh? That brings back a memory or two. Were you the fat very white man that flew past me holding on to your umbrella for dear life?

Yankee Canary wrote

Siesta Beach eh? That brings back a memory or two. Were you the fat very white man that flew past me holding on to your umbrella for dear life?

Yankee should report you to the Race Relations Board calling me White and Fat worst part though I don''t own an umbrella

PS Did I meet you in Sacramento when City played a friendly against a Mexican side there

[quote user="daly"]Yankee Canary wrote

Yankee should report you to the Race Relations Board calling me White and Fat worst part though I don''t own an umbrella

PS Did I meet you in Sacramento when City played a friendly against a Mexican side there[/quote]
Please don''t report me....I was only asking a question.
No, I don''t think we met in Sacramento although I have frequented Old Sacramento many times over the years. In any event, my time there was terminated when Arnold took up residence.

Have a close friend who lives in Woodbine, Georgia which is near the coast and close to the Florida / Georgia state line. Should Irma head north along eastern Florida, he will be in the firing line. Wish all the best to him and all others in the path of this impressive but scary and frightening hurricane.

[quote user="Len"]My wife and I are heading West tomorrow.[/quote]

Be careful Len, the wind might pick up a bit when you get past Dereham.[;)]

I remember being in South Carolina when hurricane Fran decided to rip in to Charleston. She was nothing like the scale of Irma I believe.

Best wishes and good luck my friend😀

[quote user="Van wink"]I remember being in South Carolina when hurricane Fran decided to rip in to Charleston. She was nothing like the scale of Irma I believe.

Best wishes and good luck my friend😀[/quote]Lovely city Charleston. Some great restaurants last time I went 8 years ago. Copped a tropical storm, never seen rain like it.[Y]

ricardo wrote the following post at 06/09/2017 4:32 PM:

Van wink wrote:

I remember being in South Carolina when hurricane Fran decided to rip in to Charleston. She was nothing like the scale of Irma I believe. Best wishes and good luck my friend😀

Lovely city Charleston. Some great restaurants last time I went 8 years ago. Copped a tropical storm, never seen rain like it.Yes

Lovely place to be, great food and all those horse drawn carriages about the place.

Driving up the coast it looked like the beach had been picked up and dumped inland, amazing, quite a few weeks later they were finding confused alligators in the sea!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Len"]My wife and I are heading West tomorrow.[/quote]

Be careful Len, the wind might pick up a bit when you get past Dereham.[;)][/quote]I''m in Jamaica!