Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Burton Match Thread

It''s only a fantastic point at home if we are relegation candidates. Any ambition at all of doing well this season says that is 2 points dropped. It''s been a very poor start to the season and, to me, we look worryingly ordinary

It was poor, but we''ve all seen time and again under various managers how City struggle to break sides down (I recall a dreadful 0-0 v Walsall in L1 under PL, for one) - we were in little danger of conceding and had enough chances to win, but Nelson and Josh need to have some shooting practice based on tonight..

Although this result definitely should not happen, I''m focusing on a clean sheet and remembering that Farke is clearly still learning the terrain.I think he came in with a mindset that if we have the ball, we would mainly win; I think this philosophy will be tweaked throughout the season as, like tonight, there is no coverall solution to Championship football.

Awful result and keeping a clean sheet against lowly Burton on your home turf is hardly particularly creditworthy after all.

I know nothing of the game and eagerly await the reports, but suggestions that the manager was too frugal and too late with his substitutions seem valid.

We are clearly missing our best player - Pritchard. I''m not saying him playing means we would definitely have won, but he had become our stand out player at the back end of last season. In terms of players who can add that little bit of magic...Hoolahan is perhaps past his best days, Murphy / Madders are young and subsequently more inconsistent, Vrancic is new to the league. We''re yet to see anything truly inspiring from Naismith, Watkins or Wildschut.

There was certainly ''something'' not quite there in the performance - Wes did his level best to unlock them, but we just looked a bit too laboured and predictable. It is also odd how little faith I have in our players in 1v1 situations, as Josh sadly lived up to!

Still, the defence is looking better - though the test of that will come on the road.

One other thing - I thought Tettey played well tonight, but wasn''t at all sure why he was playing/played the full 90. Surely he''s one we could do with vs the Blades, but it''ll be 3 games in a week if he plays there.

I''m not at all impressed with keeping a clean sheet considering we played 6 defenders against a team that has set its stall out not to attack. I think we were settling for the point ourselves after half an hour.

Hughton was ahead of his time, he could get us to play this dull years ago, and against better opposition.

I have to say it is going to be hard to be patient with our Daniel if he cannot read games like that. Awful!

The manager seems to have no idea, the number of things he got wrong tonight is vast. If this is how we''re going to play all season and it appears that it''s going to be, I also fear that we''ll be facing a relegation battle. Including the cup, he''s had 9 matches so far and I do not recall us playing overly well in any of them. The most worrying factor is that we''ve not actually played anyone decent yet and have been made to look ordinary at best and absolutely dreadful at worst.

Sadly I agree. I like Farke but he looks out of his depth and o feel that other managers would get an awful lot more out of the team. Not convinced we have the talent to play the desired tactic and we cannot seem to defend and attack but only one or the other.

But in his defence we sold a lot of champ proven quality and made very cheap signings. I still feel some of our new players are naturally L1 or L2 standard as their transfer fee suggests. You can''t make a silk purse from a sows ear

"Barn door" comes to mind after watching that.  Some dreadful decision making by several players all through the match.  They look so keen to do well,  but floundering in the final third of the pitch.  If you are going to shoot, make sure it at least is controlled, not just wild slashing at the ball.

Murphys shot in injury time was awful. It summed the night up for me. Just a wild slash because we didn''t have the craft to make anything work.

Hoolahan on the right just will not work, Vrancic was a passenger.

Subs were at least 20minutes too late - Farke seemed to just let it unfold instead of trying to change the game

Farke''s brand of football is so slow and boring. Tonight you could hear the players calling out to each other it was so quiet at Carrow Road. There''s nothing to cheer. I swear I will go mad if I see Klose and Zimmerman pass the ball sideways on the edge of their own box all season.