Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Burton Match Thread

I don''t care how hard he has worked, Oliveira is having a mare and Jerome needs a chance.

Striking options at the club are non existent ,but without doubt this is the poorest Norwich squad for years and years anybody thinking they will challenge at the top end of the table are frankly deluded.

Quite frankly we have a below average squad. It''s like the Roeder days all over again. Burton, pummelled by most teams, and able to cling on to a point at Carrow Road doesn''t exactly bode well does it!

Poor teams playing poor football and probably the worst ref on the planet.

Nice pitch though.

Not having watched the match, but, 17 shots yet only 2 on target! Is that because they were hit and hopes or because they were shanked? With 5 packed at the back it would always be difficult for us to break down, but would still expect more...

Feels like we''re going to be far too easy to defend against for teams like this- sit deep, pack the box and let us play in front of you.

It is going to be a very long season. We have cut out cloth and hugely reduced the quality and lack confidence and spark at the moment to break teams down. Fix the issue at one end and the problems mount at the other

Great we got 3 pts from struggling Birmingham but tonight is a reality check. We will be bottom half this year I think and could even slip into a relegation dog fight. Don''t think we will go down but it will be a slog- haven''t even faced an in form too teamcyet and look average -at best - most of the time

It was always a good bet for a 0-0 after their hammering.   Two successive clean sheets anyway and unbeaten in two.

Not having watched the match, but, 17 shots yet only 2 on target! Is that because they were hit and hopes or because they were shanked? With 5 packed at the back it would always be difficult for us to break down, but would still expect more...

Sam it was just sheer bad football all round. Klose probably touched the ball more than anyone else so you can tell where we played our football, if you can call it that.

This looks a very lightweight and insecure squad and it was only the introduction of Wildschut, far too late on that livened it up.

I just don''t see where we can alter it much and with two away games to come, I am worried we could be back in or near the drop zone.

I hope I am well wrong and something changes between now and Saturday.

It was always a good bet for a 0-0 after their hammering. Two successive clean sheets anyway and unbeaten in two.

Fantastic. 46 0-0 draws and unbeaten in 46. Position in league. Relegated.

Being honest I approved of Farke keeping the same shape and 10 of 11 players from Saturday so I''m not going to say we shouldn''t have played two defensive midfielders.

It was one of those games but........a clean sheet and let''s keep the side together again for Saturday.

That was dire, really awful, people will say weren''t the defence good but it''s not hard to look good when you''ve got f*ck all to do, notice that on the rare occasions Burton did threaten they looked far more likely to score than us.

It was a training game of attack v defence. I''ve never seen a team at this level be so negative when not being 1-0 up. They were time wasting from about the 41st minute and I doubt they had more than 3 touches on our box in the second half.

As has been said this was probably the worse time to play them. They 11 men behind the ball and we''re only concerned about keeping a clean sheet.

Thought Farke should have changed it a lot earlier and been a lot braver with his subs. It was pretty clear they weren''t ever going to go at us, so we could have afforded to be a lot more attacking.

Ref was probably the worst I''ve seen at this level, phantom free kicks for a 50/50 challenge and then Tettey gets kicked in the head and nothing. I hope we never see him at FCR again.

Given the nature of the game and Burton sitting so deep I can''t believe we didn''t go for it and throw on Jerome up top with Oliveira