Sign in to follow this  
yellowandgreen

I've just realised I'm definitely a happy clapper

I''m looking forward to the next game.

I think we just might be better than mid-table.

I believe some of the germans are actually half decent players.

I''m over moaning about why aren''t we Swansea, Watford, Bournemouth or what ever other club is in the premier league and we are not.

What about all the fun we have had. I''ve been a season ticket holder since the 1970''s. We have seen some great times. Promotions, cup runs, last minute winners, big wins against the scum. Yes we have also seen relegation, the near demise of our club, some poor decisions about when to sack a manage or who to get in as manager.

But fu:k me has it been fun. If you are only going to the games for entertainment then you will become disillusioned pretty quick.

Do I want fast attaching football yes.

Do I want us to beat the poorer teams in our division 5-0 overtime yes.

Do I shout and scream and give my total support to the team at every game I attend yes.

As the song says ''nevermind the danger, steady on, nows'' your chance....

Is that clappy enough or am I going overboard?

yellowandgreen wrote the following post at 13/09/2017 11:29 AM:

If you are only going to the games for entertainment then you will become disillusioned pretty quick.

Why else would u go? It''s absolutely about entertainment, and whilst I accept people''s definition of entertainment will differ, that is the only reason to go, everytime.

We certainly didn''t get that last night.

Here''s the thing.

Like I said on Saturday, I liked last season. There''s no getting away from the fact that we were royally entertained at Carrow Road. Alright I accept away was a different story but I don''t go away. Anyway, there''s been no improvement away from home as far as I can tell.

Alex Neil was clueless, Neil Adams was just a radio commentator, Chris Hughton was a clown, "we wouldn''t mind losing if we showed attacking intent".

Looks like we have gone full circle then. Without ever making people happy.

I''m stuck with this now. So patience and hope is what I will have to find. I will find a way though, I always do.

I will moan and groan if I feel the team / manager doesn''t turn up and lets the fans down big time (eg. Millwall).

I thought performance yesterday was very bad and the fans of this famous club deserve better.

I hate the way the game in general is going , with all the money and foreign investment...(eg. the 200 milion pounds for a player). Am I too conservative (probably)...Is the game still about the sport "football" or more about "money"?

Bottom line: I will be a Norwich City fan forever, whatever happens...

Absolutely agree with the OP. As much as Norwich frustrate me at times, they also give us a bloody good time (particularly for the latest generation of supporters). Even being away from it all for the last few years, my support and passion for the club hasn''t changed. Last night I was up at 3am watching a shocking 0-0 draw, then straight into work in the morning. Somewhere down the road it''ll be the same again, but instead of being 0-0, we''ll bang in a last minute winner and I''ll be quietly going mental trying to not wake the neighbours!

We all want to be happy clappers because it means our team is doing well.

Last night was, imo, the worst result of the season so far.

Despite the hammerings at Villa Park and The New Den it was still possible to be positive by wallowing in excuses about learning curves, time for gelling, new system needing to bed in, Brexit and all the other smokescreens.

Up to last night I still fancied us for a decent punt at a play-off place, one of the few remaining Positive Percys I should imagine.

After last night''s awful performance and result it has finally dawned upon me that the experiment is more failing badly than gradually coming together with promise and that any high hopes for this season are false hopes.

We could even have another dud in DF if the truth be faced, but I am prepared to give him longer even though it seems a case of one step forward and two steps back at the moment.

Broadstairs, I barely have any interaction with you but from posts of yours I''ve read you come across as balanced and realistic! So... Where are ya, les be avin ya!

7 games from a massive upheaval at the club. There''s shoot of green, ze Germans are coming to fruition. This season was never about automatics just an experiment to see what works/what doesn''t. I''m not being blind, I''m being realistic in thinking come what may we have to accept where we are. Yes, mid-table mediocrity but the Championship is not the C of old. It''s becoming increasingly competitive. I feel we are where we expect to be... for now...

If Farke is a dud, then we get in another Head Coach. That''s the premise of the model we''re working with. Don''t get too despondent so early. If we''re terrible next March/April then have concerns. Right now it''s as I expected though I appreciate it''s as frustrating as hell. :)

Yes it''s a project, but most projects have a date to be completed by so just when is this project supposed to be completed by?

From last nights offering it would appear it''s going to be an extremely long project in the making!

I may not like the way it appears to be heading but my support will always be there no matter what happens.

As for entertaining us, it''s hard to recall exactly how many times we have truly played teams off the park over the last 3 seasons

There is no such thing as happy clapping or pant wetting.

There is going to the game to support the club.

There is going to the game to support the club and accepting what is served up no matter the result or how it is achieved.

There is going to the game to support the club and wanting to see entertaining football.

The fact remains that by and large people go to every home game at least to watch their club.

And afterwards there is analysing the game until the next one.

I would expect there to be some emotional comments as well as pragmatic ones.

Finance, transfers, directors is not the reason people go to watch. They just form part of the analysis.

Spot on KG, the players, directors, owners etc change over time, but fans will remain. It''s the team we support, week in week out.

OTBC