Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Ref Andy Davies

I didn''t actually think Hooper was too bad on Saturday. That chump last night was appalling though, and I say that as a qualified ref. The way he constantly (and literally) turned his back on timewasting players was nothing short of disgraceful. Is it any wonder teams are so willing to use timewasting as a tactic when lazy sods like Davies can''t be bothered with the hassle of actually making players get on with the business of playing football?

I still maintain that fully professional referees are not up to the standard of the previous system.

And last night''s woeful performance was evidence of that. I know we have had bad decisions go against us in the past but I would imagine all clubs could argue that.

But last night was poor from beginning to end. If a ref can''t see something then he can''t give it but he just blatantly ignored the obvious last night.

He wasn''t great, but we''ve encountered a lot worse. I think there was an element of venting frustrations towards him, mainly because of the time wasting tactics, however I don''t think that necessarily slowed us down.

Ref deffo wasn''t to blame for result.