Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Dortmond

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]I believe the manager Farke based his/shares a similar philosophy with left in the summer.[/quote] Yes. Having managed Dortmund to a 3rd place finish in the Bundesliga last season, Thomas Tuchel (Farke: "I''m more Tuchel than Klopp") was sacked! I doubt if Tuchel''s Dortmund got to finish 3rd through being hopeless in defence.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]I believe the manager Farke based his/shares a similar philosophy with left in the summer.[/quote] Yes. Having managed Dortmund to a 3rd place finish in the Bundesliga last season, Thomas Tuchel (Farke: "I''m more Tuchel than Klopp") was sacked! I doubt if Tuchel''s Dortmund got to finish 3rd through being hopeless in defence.[/quote]Yeah, but if that''s true then it doesn''t give me a simplistic opportunity to have a meaningless pop at the club based on 45 minutes of football that I happened to see on the telly just now, does it?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]I believe the manager Farke based his/shares a similar philosophy with left in the summer.[/quote] Yes. Having managed Dortmund to a 3rd place finish in the Bundesliga last season, Thomas Tuchel (Farke: "I''m more Tuchel than Klopp") was sacked! I doubt if Tuchel''s Dortmund got to finish 3rd through being hopeless in defence.[/quote]Yeah, but if that''s true then it doesn''t give me a simplistic opportunity to have a meaningless pop at the club based on 45 minutes of football that I happened to see on the telly just now, does it?[/quote]Actually sorry, that''s a gross inaccuracy on my part. The OP was posted after 20 minutes of the match, not 45.

For Dortmund, a 3rd place finish in the BL is an underachievement bearing in mind that they had by some distance the 2nd most valuable squad in the league. 2nd placed Leipzig''s and 4th Hoffenheim''s (whom they managed to leapfrog only just) squad values were about a fifth of theirs.

And the link between Farke and Dortmund is weak anyway. The team Farke coached is just under the Dortmund name but has little to do with the actual club,they play in a separate ground in a very lowly German league equivalent to the Anglian combination league. Why do people still seem to think Farke was a well respected guy at Dortmund when in fact he coached a team in a league that most Germans have very little interest in?

Germans must love it over here, Some 20,000 FC Cologne fans have arrived in London for the match against Arsenal but only 2,900 tickets have been allocated!