Sign in to follow this  
king canary

The Nelson

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Sadly, I don''t often get to stay after the games. I intended to stay overnight after the Bristol City game but the Nelson is fully booked ! [/quote] A closet Bristol city fan ....... ! [;)] [:D]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]Sadly, I don''t often get to stay after the games. I intended to stay overnight after the Bristol City game but the Nelson is fully booked ! [/quote] A closet Bristol city fan ....... ! [;)] [:D][/quote]Far from it !   Norwich City till I die

[quote user="king canary"]@diane

There are quite a few pubs in Norwich...[/quote]Not within 10 minutes walk of the ground there are not.

With our Horatio being exposed as an imperialist, and a white supremacist and supporter of the slave-traders the very name of that place disturbs me.

After they have pulled down that obscene column in the very centre of London, the owners of that hotel/bar should seriously consider renaming the establishment.

Once it is called something less reminiscent of our Country''s imperialist past only then will I consider joining in the pre/post match jollifications. The ''Corbyn Arms'' might be acceptable (and at least Jezza has a full set of those,) although the ''Foot Inn'' would suit me as long as they sold Abbot Ale.

Where is SDP when you need him?

(AS for that establishment in North Walsham who supposedly taught Nelson all he knew, and who even named a room after him, burn it to the ground.)

I see no quips.

They could always rename it back to the Great Eastern Hotel which is what it was before they built the present "modern" but faceless concrete building.....why was that victorian spendour knocked down in the first place?

"why was that victorian spendour knocked down in the first place?"

You didn''t experience the plumbing then?

Turn the hot water tap on and it made a louder roar than any at Carrow Road over the years.

Sitting on a radiator for five minutes when the system was booting up gave you a better work-out than any vibrapower machine.

Are you getting decrepit in your old age Officer Tilly? I reckon that there are a number of watering holes within 10 minutes walking distance of Carra Rud - Coach & Horses; Fat Cat and Canary; The Jubilee; Compleat Angler and ''Spoons'' at my reckoning (and at my pace!!!)

There are plenty. Just not if you''re tasked with walking with an arthritic snail that insists on talking to literally EVERYBODY he knows on the way. People have grown full beards in less time than it takes Nutty Nigel To make it to the Nelly.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]There are plenty. Just not if you''re tasked with walking with an arthritic snail that insists on talking to literally EVERYBODY he knows on the way. People have grown full beards in less time than it takes Nutty Nigel To make it to the Nelly.[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Lord Horn again"]Are you getting decrepit in your old age Officer Tilly? I reckon that there are a number of watering holes within 10 minutes walking distance of Carra Rud - Coach & Horses; Fat Cat and Canary; The Jubilee; Compleat Angler and ''Spoons'' at my reckoning (and at my pace!!!)[/quote]The Coach and '' Spoons '' maybe but you''d need to get a shift on for the others.Your surname wasn''t Bolt in another life ? [;)]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]There are plenty. Just not if you''re tasked with walking with an arthritic snail that insists on talking to literally EVERYBODY he knows on the way. People have grown full beards in less time than it takes Nutty Nigel To make it to the Nelly.[/quote]Michael Bailey for one:

Résultat de recherche d''images pour "Michael bailey EDP images"

Michael Bailey seems to have more hair on his face than he has on his head!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lord Horn again"]Are you getting decrepit in your old age Officer Tilly? I reckon that there are a number of watering holes within 10 minutes walking distance of Carra Rud - Coach & Horses; Fat Cat and Canary; The Jubilee; Compleat Angler and ''Spoons'' at my reckoning (and at my pace!!!)[/quote]The Coach and '' Spoons '' maybe but you''d need to get a shift on for the others.Your surname wasn''t Bolt in another life ? [;)][/quote]

No, but I do get a speed up, despite my advancing years!

Good to see you posting again M''Lud and you are everywhere like flies on a cow''s backside. Now then The Jubilee to the ground in ten minutes i must see.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]There are plenty. Just not if you''re tasked with walking with an arthritic snail that insists on talking to literally EVERYBODY he knows on the way. People have grown full beards in less time than it takes Nutty Nigel To make it to the Nelly.[/quote]Michael Bailey for one:

Résultat de recherche d''images pour "Michael bailey EDP images"

[/quote]
When Michael Bailey was a fresh faced youngster and probably shaved twice a week he was a PUP. This made a man of him. If you happen to glance at this thread mbncfc leave us a selection next week buddy[Y]