Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

Best winning bet with norwich?

I know this is a touchy subject with people because of our sponsor ect.

But i was just wondering if anyone has ever won alot of money on any bets involving norwich? I refrain from having norwich in any of my bets as you have your yellow and green tinted glasses on and think they are going to win everyweek.

I think the best i had was a 20/1 £5 bet on bassong to score which he did.

Both prem seasons we went down I had a tenner safety bet and shock horror, I''ve been £300 better off, usually have £3 on norwich to lose and both teams to score, made quite a bit this season already lol

Not really a betting man but at the playoff final I put 2 quid on 2-1 to us and Cameron Jerome to score first at 48/1 had to go halves with the mate I went with as that was the deal but that pretty much paid for the best day out I''ve ever had.

The exact opposite to be honest.Once did a 15 match accumulator, 14 of which came in, the only one that didn''t was my ''banker'', which was us at home vs Bradford back in April 98, when we lost 3-2....Bet was for something tiny like 50p, and would have brought in approx 14k....Oh, how I laughed that day [:(]

[quote user="Jarders"]Not really a betting man but at the playoff final I put 2 quid on 2-1 to us and Cameron Jerome to score first at 48/1 had to go halves with the mate I went with as that was the deal but that pretty much paid for the best day out I''ve ever had.[/quote]From hazy recollection that would have barely scratched our drinks bill....[:D]

I bet £60 on Alan Irvine to be named next permanent manager of NCFC last season and won £780 because he was in charge for 10 games which counts as "permanent."

My best bet was my first ever online bet. The day of the Grand National 2004 my better half asked me to put a bet on for her so I decider to open an online accoun to do it. The novelty of that led me to put a bet on a Norwich match the same day. It was the Ncfc v Man Utd match - a bet on of Ashton to score the first goal and a 2-0 win. £10 at 270-1. Not a bad day for us, we won some on the National too. Needless to say never won as much since!

I have never really been a betting man as my dad always used to say "there''s a reason you never see a bookmaker on a bicycle".That said, I was working in Diss one Saturday many moons ago and, in a fit of peak, decided to put £2 on Norwich to beat Nottingham Forrest 1-0 with Zema Abbey to score the goal at 40/1 and I won £80. I was out down Riverside that evening and, after blagging my way into the VIP area, bumped into Iwan Roberts and after a very pleasant, but very brief chat with him asked if Zema was about, he introduced me and I relayed the story to him and offered to buy him a drink out of the winnings as he''d earned it. He said no thanks and walked off, which left me a little disappointed in truth.