Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Pritchard

There was an also update on long-term absentee Alex Pritchard, who is recovering following ankle surgery after picking up an injury in pre-season. “Pritchard is on track and is working really hard,” Farke said. “We expect him back in January perhaps. It’s really sad because he’s such an important player and he can score goals, create, assist and produce special moments.”

A bit of bright news although he will take weeks to get match fit. I suspect by that stage we will be concentrating on not getting dragged into a relegation fight rather than any interest in the top half of the table

I still doubt we''ll see him in meaningful action until the turn of the year though. They won''t rush him back until he''s ready. Good to hear he''s on track though, gutting for him as he was in such good form at the end of last season

[quote user="nutty nigel"]There was an also update on long-term absentee Alex Pritchard, who is recovering following ankle surgery after picking up an injury in pre-season. “Pritchard is on track and is working really hard,” Farke said. “We expect him back in January perhaps. It’s really sad because he’s such an important player and he can score goals, create, assist and produce special moments.”[/quote]

Pritchard posted the "mid November" tweet in response to that quote from Farke Nutty. probably an element of wishful thinking on his part but he obviously feels he can get back a lot sooner than January.

Most missed player this season.

He is the classiest player on our books. He has it all.

When him and Wes play together they are totally on the same wavelength. Plus as a midfielder he can score several goals from that position, can''t think that anyone else on our books can do that.

I wonder had he have be fit from the start of the season how much better would our position and outlook have been.

Kind of already hedging my bets and writing off this season in the hope that the likes of klose, pinto, maddison pritchard and Murphy all stick around another year. A few more bargains and a season for the germans to settle and some youth players to develop and we could be pretty well set.

I Can''t believe how unlucky we have been to injuries so far, that''s Klose, pinto, Lewis, Tettey, Oliveira, Pritchard already had disrupted seasons, all of which you would say are 1st choice here.

we look very classy end of last season and same time now we look pretty average without some players.

Shame this Cambridge friendly kill our season before even start...

Pritchard so unlucky guy and he only will back for second part to shine and find new club in summer.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Kind of already hedging my bets and writing off this season in the hope that the likes of klose, pinto, maddison pritchard and Murphy all stick around another year. A few more bargains and a season for the germans to settle and some youth players to develop and we could be pretty well set.

I Can''t believe how unlucky we have been to injuries so far, that''s Klose, pinto, Lewis, Tettey, Oliveira, Pritchard already had disrupted seasons, all of which you would say are 1st choice here.[/quote]

all but one of those players mentioned are likely on some hefty wages (again, no one knows for sure.)

it''s going to be a big stretch to retain all if we don''t go up. I would say we''re likely to lose 2-3.

I would love to be wrong. And I''m trying to not be pessimistic, but it seems like the most pragmatic view. this transfer window was about lowing the wage bill to the point we could be okay next season if we didn''t go up, while retaining enough talent to give us a chance. After next season we''re out of parachute payments, and the goal could quite possibly be moved to - keep our heads above water, lets get some promising youth products and try and achieve long term promotion.

however, as to the OP - the sooner he''s back the better. the mid november tweet made me very happy. Having Pritchard back for the winter stretch would be fantastic. the season is far from over. If we can string some wins together while we wait on injuries we can mount a strong push for around the promotion area at the least.