Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

Please can all those..

who keep posting about Sunderland''s poor start last year stop it.

They lost a couple of games.  After 8 matches they had 11 points.  Thats nearly double what we have.

Our start to the season has been abysmal beyond belief and cannot be defended.

But it IS relevant, quality WILL shine through in the end and I think we have enough of it to succeed.  Yes, it has been a dodgy start but there are 38 games to go, and other teams will hit bad patches.

Onwards and upwards as they say!!

[quote]But it IS relevant, quality WILL shine through in the end and I think we have enough of it to succeed. Yes, it has been a dodgy start but there are 38 games to go, and other teams will hit bad patche...[/quote]

but Sunderland were not 15 points behind the leaders after 8 games. Last season, no-one was as consistent as Sheff Utd early on so there was not such a large gap. We''re 11 points from 2nd place.

Its going to take one hell of a turnaround for us and one hell of a slump for those at the top for us to get anywhere near the playoffs let alone automatic.

[quote]We ARE capable of winning 3 or 4 on the spin & other teams can & will slip up. Let''s see where we are at Christmas, that''s probably a better benchmark.[/quote]

I have a horrible feeling by Christmas it will be too late...