Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Press conference - Oliveira out for a month!

Let''s not forget Jerome has done very well for us in the Championship, we will be okay. A good run in the team will do him good, and provide good competition for a place up top. We also have Watkins who can play there, or if needed, Murphy has played centrally before.

Well time for Jerome I guess... will be interesting to see how Watkins does up top given he played there a fair amount last season and did pretty well.

It''s effectively a month in terms of our fixtures, though. After those twelve days we don''t play again until 14th October.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]And now you will see why the decision to go with just two recognised strikers in the squad was Farking stupid! 😡[/quote]
I''m sure many Championship teams with aspirations of promotion would welcome three top-grade strikers on their books but how many actually have them? You refer to ''recognised'' strikers but is having an extra one or two extra fairly crap strikers on the books (just because they are ''recognised'' in that position) really any better than having attacking midfielders who can play up top if needed?

"12 days" = the following games

Sat Sep 16 Sheffield United A

Tue Sep 19 League Cup 3: Brentford A

Sat Sep 23 Bristol City H

Tue Sep 26 Middlesbrough (7.45pm) A

Sat Sep 30 Reading (5.30pm)

So, he could possibly return for Boro or Reading, but I''d rather he was given another fortnight recovery time to be back for the Hull game on 14th Oct, and the derby game on the following Sunday.

Easy with hindsight, but he could easily have been taken off earlier on Tuesday night.

So this 3rd striker would now be fit and raring to go ?Why would he be preferred to Jerome anyway ?And if Jerome is not up to it why is he here ?As to timing well it actually allows for a longer recovery time due to the nonsense breakBack in time for the binners !

Are we allowed to bring Morris back if we are short of strikers?

I don''t know about we''re "doomed" but cursed might be appropriate.

We can always play Russell Martin there, you cannot deny he''s been involved in a lot of goals this season...

Absolute disaster. We''ll be lucky to score a goal in the next 5 fixtures, let alone pick up a point. I can think of at least a couple of posters on this forum who will be delighted Nelson is out though....

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Absolute disaster. We''ll be lucky to score a goal in the next 5 fixtures, let alone pick up a point. I can think of at least a couple of posters on this forum who will be delighted Nelson is out though....[/quote]Have you considered suicide? It would put an end to all your pain and suffering.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Absolute disaster. We''ll be lucky to score a goal in the next 5 fixtures, let alone pick up a point. I can think of at least a couple of posters on this forum who will be delighted Nelson is out though....[/quote]
Hi Keith [:)]

Nelson Oliveira will miss City’s trip to Sheffield United after picking up a groin injury.

Oliveira, who has struck four times for the Canaries this season, faces a short spell on the sidelines.

“It’s bad news for Nelson Oliveira,” Daniel Farke told the media on Friday lunchtime. “He had a scan on Thursday and we’ll have to do without him for at least the next 12 days, so he will miss tomorrow, Brentford and probably Bristol City.

“Hopefully he can return before the next international break [at the beginning of October]. He felt a problem with his groin during the Burton game, and the problem has increased since. We had to check it on the scan, and it’s strained. Hopefully it won’t be longer than 12 days, but we’ve got to keep an eye on it. It’s bad news as he was in such good shape and was playing really well.”

With Cameron Jerome fully recovered from a groin strain, Farke expects City to have enough firepower in Oliveira’s absence. “It’s an opportunity for all of our offensive players,” he said. “We shouldn’t put too much pressure on Cam – it’s up to everyone to score goals.”

There were no further injury problems from the Burton Albion draw, but with a third game in seven games Farke says he will be keeping an eye on the fitness of the squad. “I’m thinking about some changes, but it won’t be too many,” he says. “You look at the offensive options with so many games in a few days, but defensively you want the team in the same rhythm and getting used to each other.”

Farke also gave a fitness update on Alex Tettey, who played the full 90 minutes against Birmingham City and Burton Albion. “With Tettey it’s like Wes Hoolahan – he can’t do each and every game for 90 minutes,” Farke said. “Normally three games in seven days is a little bit risky for him, but we’ve had three days to recuperate a little bit since Burton and he’s looked sharp in training and his knees have felt fine.

“When he doesn’t feel 100% he will always tell us, but right now he’s in good shape. He worked a lot in pre-season and looks physically in good shape, and I’m really content with his last two performances.”

There was an also update on long-term absentee Alex Pritchard, who is recovering following ankle surgery after picking up an injury in pre-season. “Pritchard is on track and is working really hard,” Farke said. “We expect him back in January perhaps. It’s really sad because he’s such an important player and he can score goals, create, assist and produce special moments.”

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Whole season is turning into a disaster

When will we see the back of the evil stowmarket 2[/quote]

Wynnie being headhunted by FIFA; Delia being headhunted by the FA???

Yes please oh yes please.

It could not come at a worse time for squad and management. Confidence in the team and management is at a pretty low level they could have done without this but it gives others opportunities as to if they take them only time will tell

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Baldyboy"]And now you will see why the decision to go with just two recognised strikers in the squad was Farking stupid! 😡[/quote]
I''m sure many Championship teams with aspirations of promotion would welcome three top-grade strikers on their books but how many actually have them? You refer to ''recognised'' strikers but is having an extra one or two extra fairly crap strikers on the books (just because they are ''recognised'' in that position) really any better than having attacking midfielders who can play up top if needed?
[/quote]

And we all know how well playing Naismith up front worked at Birmingham last season don''t we?