Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Sheffield?

It''s a squad game, so Tettey to be rested, Wes/Murphy on the bench to start with, Jerome given the start.                         Gunn Pinto   Zimmermann Klose  Stiepermann                    Reed  Trybull          Vrancic  Maddison Naismith                             Jerome

Why would you drop our top scorer? Or Josh for Naismith?

I''d go...

Gunn

Pinto, Zimmerman, Klose, Steipperman

Reed, Trybull

Wes, Maddison, Josh

Nelson

I''d go...

Gunn

Pinto, Zimmerman, Klose, Steipperman

Reed, Trybull

Wildschut Maddison, Josh

Nelson

1) Vrancic isn''t a right winger as seen so far

2) Naismith won''t even be in the squad.

3) I very much doubt we''d drop our top goalscorer

Gunn

Hanley

Klose

Zimmerman

Pinto

Reed

Trybull

Wildschut

Maddison

Oliveria

In a 3-5-2

Why change a defense that has kept two clean sheets in a row Hoola or are you thinking more tactics for the game?

For me:

Gunn

Pinto-Zimmermann-Klose-Stiepermann

Reed-Trybull

Wildschut-Maddison-Murphy

Oliveira

I''m not sure Hanley came here on the agreement he''d be on the bench. Wouldn''t be surprised to see him in as either a direct Zimmerman replacement or to go 3 at the back.

king canary wrote the following post at 2017-09-15 12:57 PM:

Because he has been very very poor since his teddy out of the Pram at Fulham! And on Wednesday he was pathetic and couldn''t hit a barn door from a yard out! He is only leading scorer because he has started more than Jerome!

Time for a change for sure if only to get Oliveira back on his toes!

Gunn

Hanley - Klose - Zimmerman

Pinto - Tettey - Trybull - Steipermann

Maddison - Jerome** - Murphy

Some form of 5-4-1/4-3-3 hybrid with the wingbacks & wingers dropping off when under pressure. However it would leave us wide open.

**Jerome for Oliveira based on the groin injury he picked up, wouldn''t hurt to rest him for a game & bring him on if needed.

Very poor? He''s scored 4 of our 7 league goals this season despite only starting 4 games. I''d hate to see where we''d be without him.

Prob be better to start with 11 players Hoola, don''t want to give the home team more of an advantage than we usually do

Weakest strikers we have had at the club for years ,Olivera is nothing special and Jerome is well past his very average best . People say there''s plenty of firepower in this squad but who regularly puts the ball in the net ? Oh for a Assombalonga or even a Hooper .

@time to go

This has got to be trolling right? Both the strikers have regularly put the ball in the net for Norwich.

Gary Hooper for fucks sakes.

Gunn

Pinto

Zimmerman

Klose

Stieperman

Tettey

Trybull

Murphy

Maddison

Wildschut

Jerome

Need to stretch their defence as they play 3 centre backs so that''s why I''d play 2 widemen

Dame Margot Fontaine

Bruce Willis

McGyver

Frank Bruno

Eric Clapton

Sir Winston Churchill

Keith Chegwin

Nicola Sturgeon

Kyle Jenner

Claude Junker

Wee Jimmy Krankie

king canary wrote the following post at 2017-09-15 2:42 PM:

Very poor? He''s scored 4 of our 7 league goals this season despite only starting 4 games. I''d hate to see where we''d be without him.

Your wish is coming true. Out for a month with groin injury, so we will see where we will be!

My thoughts are that IF we are to go to 3 at the back, I would play Hanley in the middle with Klose on the left and Russ Martin on the right. These 3 have years of experience at this level and should be more than good enough to quell most attacks, assuming the rest of the team do their bit too. If we stick to 4 at the back my selection would be Pinto, Hanley, Klose and Stiepermann for now and Lewis when fit, dropping Russ Martin to the bench, in fact I do not really understand why he is not on the bench at the moment instead of Husband, if for no other reason he can play in any position across the back 4 and is certainly as good a left back as Husband who can only play at LB. Potentially this would free up another bench spot for a more creative player.

My selection of RM will alarm some no doubt but in my opinion he has been made the scapegoat by many, possibly including the manager. If we then play Pinto at right Wing Back and Stiepermann at left Wing Back, this should allow both the Wing Backs more chance to get forward and supplement our attacking options. Plus RM is a good distributor of the ball forward or at least better than the rest.

I would then play Tettey or Reed in front of the back 3 then 2 of Madison/Wes/Pritchard (when fit) in front of them, then Murphy behind whichever striker is selected (Jerome for now I guess), with instructions to Murphy to use the wings as and when appropriate. For example, if the Right Wing Back is bombing on then Murphy could drift to the left and vice versa, allowing the other Wing Back to hold back somewhat so we do not become too exposed on that flank and allow the 3 at the back to shift left and right as necessary.

I’m now standing back and waiting for the flack!

[quote user="Bonzo"]Dame Margot Fontaine

Bruce Willis

McGyver

Frank Bruno

Eric Clapton

Sir Winston Churchill

Keith Chegwin

Nicola Sturgeon

Kyle Jenner

Claude Junker

Wee Jimmy Krankie

442[/quote]

Delia

Doomcaster MulbartonMan Foulger Phillips

Munby Skipper BobtheGrocer Ballsup

Wynnie Moxey

I can''t see Farke changing the back 4 tomorrow following 2 clean sheets. Regardless of the result on Tuesday, stopping the rot was the priority after the Villa and Millwall games. The return to 4-2-3-1 formation helped too.

So, I''d go with:

Gunn

Pinto Zimm Timm Stiepermann

Tettey Trybull

Wildschut Maddison Murphy

Jerome

I''ve picked the quick players to play a more counter attacking formation. If Tettey''s not fit after 2 games in a week, Reed could sit there.

Back four I''d imagine would stay the same, not unusual to sign a player and suddenly see improvements in other players so Hanley will have to sit it out for now. Still not convinced by Stiepermann, but he''s certainly the best option there at the moment. It didn''t work being so defensive for me at home, but away we need to play with some caution so I''d bring Reed back in at the expense of Trybull and I''d prefer to play with two wingers, but think having Maddison on the pitch would be more beneficial than Wildschut for 90 minutes at this stage.

Gunn

Pinto Zimm Timm Stiepermann

Murphy Tettey Reed Maddison

Wes

Jerome

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s a squad game, so Tettey to be rested, Wes/Murphy on the bench to start with, Jerome given the start. [/quote]Squad game???That''s our problem. Too much fannying about with everything from team selection, the ball and right down to scampi portions.We are in deep sh*te if we are serious about promotion so we can''t afford anymore fanying about, "rest" anyone or leave our best 2 match winners "on the bench to start with"Farke should know by now who his best 11 fit players are and pick them.It''s not rocket science and the time for experimenting with teams and formations that will get us nowhere in this league is over.Get the best players in the team, use a system that suits them and start playing some proper football.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]It''s a squad game, so Tettey to be rested, Wes/Murphy on the bench to start with, Jerome given the start. [/quote]Squad game???That''s our problem. Too much fannying about with everything from team selection, the ball and right down to scampi portions.We are in deep sh*te if we are serious about promotion so we can''t afford anymore fanying about, "rest" anyone or leave our best 2 match winners "on the bench to start with"Farke should know by now who his best 11 fit players are and pick them.It''s not rocket science and the time for experimenting with teams and formations that will get us nowhere in this league is over.Get the best players in the team, use a system that suits them and start playing some proper football.[/quote]But if he does that, and we don''t win games, people will start saying ''it clearly isn''t working, why won''t he mix it up a bit?''Damned if he does, damned if he doesn''t. Like any manager, he will pick the team that he feels gives him the best chance of winning any given game. And if he just sticks with the perceived ''best eleven'' and doesn''t factor in the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition, he''ll get flak for not having addressed their obvious threats.What''s ''proper football'', by the way? Does it not involve trying to keep possession of the football, as we are trying to do? Or is "proper football" playing 4-4-2 with two wingers and a ''big man, little man'' strike partnership, and knocking long balls up to Daryl Murphy?

Proper football IS NOT having 70% possession and losing 4-0

Jesus, Neil Adams had more idea of how to win matches in the Championship. than the current lot and look what happened to him!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Proper football IS NOT having 70% possession and losing 4-0

Jesus, Neil Adams had more idea of how to win matches in the Championship. than the current lot and look what happened to him![/quote]That''s a very facile response to some quite legitimate questions.

No disrespect LDC but how can you pick that team. Have you watched us lately.

No way should Naimsith be in, no way should Vrancic be in.