Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Farke will come good

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Whilst True Git is a troll I do believe Farke will prove himself at CR but that it will be next season before we see the results.[/quote]As long as he''s not hounded out by entitled whingers in the meantime.

Perhaps we could help him out by waking up the other 90% of the ground that sit on their hands all game and create a more German-style atmosphere?

Scrap the curry pies and scampi and get some bratwurst and hefeweissen in the half time bars.

[quote user="6088m canary"]Perhaps we could help him out by waking up the other 90% of the ground that sit on their hands all game and create a more German-style atmosphere?

Scrap the curry pies and scampi and get some bratwurst and hefeweissen in the half time bars.[/quote]

Perhaps he could ask the team to stop playing the dull sideways stuff, and play with a bit a of pace, and make it vaguely interesting and the atmosphere will follow.

I''d like to see him long gone by the end of October.

The board has my vote.It was them who brought this all about. We had a shot at returning which didn''t work so it was on to plan B.Which was to increase our developing of ''emerging talent'' and change the ethos of the squad ie you are fully committed or you are out.Unfortunately many have been suckered into the believe that promotion is our normal standing. It is not.We have had to adjust to only two years of parachute payments which meant adjusting our budget. Plenty of others have dropped out of the PL , and fell further... Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton, Bolton, Charlton. Others have come down and have struggled in the Championship,Aston Villa, Hull or Sunderland doing any better currently ? And I don''t mean simply on the pitch. The clubs are in a mess. And two have had the benefit of an ''hinvester'' - who is constantly pumping in money or so we are told. As there is supposedly their only intention.Yep we might be little ole Norwich, but it is ours. No Charlie Chan wanting to change the colour of the strip or some other ''foreign johnny'' wanting to change our name either.As to farke I''m fully behind him, for sure.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]It was all going so well City1st until you went a bit racist.[/quote]I suspect if I had made the same comment changing a European''s name it would not be a bit racist. Don''t be so sensitive.As to race as far as I''m concerned there is only one race...... the human raceof which we are all equally part of, irrespective of any variation between us

Hard to say we need more attacking flair and loosen up and pass with more pace

BUT i understand we had some good hidings so he had to tighten the team up and slow the game down

which is the real Farke style ?

i dont think we have seen it yet or i hope not as we have seen either hidings or a dull game

time will tell if he can get good entertainment football into the team

Let''s see how our next two away league games go. I want him to come good but he doesn''t even know the best formation to play let alone his best team. The slow tedious passing game he seems to have adopted is not great to watch, but time will tell if it''s effective.

Farke is the real deal despite a new side, new tactics, and a new league - it is already clear that he is highly capable and I expect us to finish close to or within the play off places.

He is clearly practical as evidenced by way he handled the shenanigans with Oliviera and his lack of senior CB.

Neither is he dogmatic in that he is willing to be flexible and open minded in his approach and was thus able to adopt 4231 when it was clear his side were vulnerable in 4141. On several occasions his approach has been undermined by the performances of his players but this is the case for all managers.

I like his thinking and believe that he should be supported as he experiments to find a winning formula and helps his players to develop.

Well said Bonzo. Farke has not been a one trick pony. We have seen more flexibility in his brief period as coach than I can recall from many managers we have ever had. It''s fascinating to see how things turn out. I''m happy just to wait and see and not be over-critical or pessimistic, nor be too over-confident. I would love us to be circling around the top 6 by mid October. I would not then rule is out of doing very well this later in the season. Steady on......

I think it is not about one man. He is part of the ethos at the club along with many others.It is as much about motivation as any set plans. that''s what got us out of L1 into the PL.No great players as such but a determination to win and the drive to keep going to the last second.Count the last minute goals in those days.