Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Well done farke!

I will be honest; I didn''t think we had a hope today and the team proved me wrong. A massive result in the context of this season and credit it where it is due. Today was the day I believed in farke as a coach.

I shouldn''t have been such a pessimist really- we always seem to do well against the top teams and struggle to deal with minnows!

Dean Coney''s boots wrote the following post at 2017-09-17 10:12 AM:

I will be honest; I didn''t think we had a hope today and the team proved me wrong. A massive result in the context of this season and credit it where it is due. Today was the day I believed in farke as a coach.

I shouldn''t have been such a pessimist really- we always seem to do well against the top teams and struggle to deal with minnows!

"Humble" and "pie" for sure DCB, but exactly who are the "minnows" in the championship you refer too?

I don''t think they are one of the top sides but I get what you are saying, they were on the crest of a wave.

I firmly believe we have a decent squad and manager who can compete well in this division, whether they are all good enough to be among the best six is another matter but given time to adapt to the Championship and another two or three transfer windows Farke will probably get us promoted. People just need to show a bit of patience, he has demonstrated the ability to learn from his mistakes and I expect he will make more but ultimately I think he will end up being successful.

Exciting times.

Good points there Gordon. I was impressed by Farkes tactical approach, he got it right today.

The results against the top team''s in the division which are coming up will show us if we can really hope for a top six finish.

That said I think we''re definitely too light up top...Tuesday showed that and we couldn''t finish game off yesterday. Yet our coach showing he is learning how to adapt to Championship football and so are some of the signings.

What comes across is his focus on the mental strength of the players. The way they stuck at there task.This was what he was brought in to achieve in the main. The other coaches will be keeping the players at top fitness levels, working on their weaknesses and generally their ''day to dat lay ie passing, moving off the ball etcWhat was noticable last season was the willingness to collapse after a goal behind. The sense that a number of players were not really committed or didn''t want to be here.What has become noticable is the way players are now more comfortable and confident. Yes, we could have conceded (for sure), but seeing the game out and picking up the points did not look beyond us. I think as the season progresses that consistency will see us slowly rise up the table. No more the soft touch.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Good result... but Sheff Utd are not a top side in this division and will start to settle around mid table soon enough.[/quote]Was that the same Sheffield that had just won 4 on the trot, only one goal conceded at home and were sitting pretty near the top? (Against a team that had been hammered the last couple of away games, with a manager you would have sacked a couple of weeks ago).

Yes Herman, its that one.

Its odd, everyone predicted a loss and United havent lost at home since January, we beat them and suddenly ''theyll be midtable soon enough''. Well someone had to end their run and we were the only ones so far capable of doing so.