Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Match thread

[quote user="TheManWhoSoldDerveld"]When was the last time we kept 3 clean sheets in a row?[/quote]

CLEAN SHEETS my wife loves them thanks to Persil

Blimey that got a bit tasty, I can say.A few talking points on Canary Call. The ref seemed to lose it, especially when trying to get Maddison off and some earlier problem with the managersBeing honest iyt should have been far more than 6 mins etHowever the team looked solid, much more proactive and the defence more cntrolledLooking good !

Seems an age since we''ve shown some grit like that. This really feels like progress. Good job we didn''t sack Farke already!

[quote user="daly"][quote user="TheManWhoSoldDerveld"]When was the last time we kept 3 clean sheets in a row?[/quote]

CLEAN SHEETS my wife loves them thanks to Persil[/quote]I had you down as an OMO man

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Superb result, fought like Gladiators! Referee sounded a total biffer.......Points in the bag......HUZZAH!......[/quote]He seemed to have lost at least a couple of times - even manhandling City players a few timesBookings seemed to corrolate to the noise of the crowd, rather than the actual foulStill the lads stuck at the job and every cross Gunn kept hold of.Raucous load of northern monkeys who I imagine expected three pointsTough sh it

... and should have had a penalty and a sending off according to the commentary,  so could have been even better. 

[quote user="splutcho"]Seems an age since we''ve shown some grit like that. This really feels like progress. Good job we didn''t sack Farke already![/quote][:D]

Penalty was Maddison being clattered by their keeper, if so he would have walked.Fuzzy stream and no replay so hard to judgeBut SU were getting stuck in towards then endCity actually looked quite calm - didn''t seem to be any panic, just stuck to it, blocked the crosses won the ball back and saw the time outPromises alot, now things are beginning to click

Just getting out the away end now.

Not exactly champagne football but in flashes we showed we are capable of playing really attractive football.

This was absolute epitome of what a decent Championship side do away from home. We were resolute under a barrage of pressure, looked dangerous on the break and I have to say we certainly learned a lesson from Burton''s gamesmanship. We were timewasting all over the place for entire second half.

Gunn only really had to make one save that was more than routine but that one was a brilliant stop.

Defence looked rock solid. Everybody put their bodies on the line to make blocks at some point. Pretty dominant in the air and have learned what row Z means.

Tettey and Trybull both played well. Yanic was immense, motm imo. Murphy had a stinker but kept trying, just wasnt his day. Madison was hit and miss but played a lovely ball for the assist and was somehow not given the most blatant penalty you''ll see all season.

Jerome did what Jerome does. Worked tirelessly but didn''t have anything clear cut to put away.

Overall a solid display. I feared the worst and am leaving ecstatic. Really entertaining game albeit scrappy.

Ref and linesman were atrocious. Really really poor. Lost control.

[quote user="kick it off"]Just getting out the away end now.

Not exactly champagne football but in flashes we showed we are capable of playing really attractive football.

This was absolute epitome of what a decent Championship side do away from home. We were resolute under a barrage of pressure, looked dangerous on the break and I have to say we certainly learned a lesson from Burton''s gamesmanship. We were timewasting all over the place for entire second half.

Gunn only really had to make one save that was more than routine but that one was a brilliant stop.

Defence looked rock solid. Everybody put their bodies on the line to make blocks at some point. Pretty dominant in the air and have learned what row Z means.

Tettey and Trybull both played well. Yanic was immense, motm imo. Murphy had a stinker but kept trying, just wasnt his day. Madison was hit and miss but played a lovely ball for the assist and was somehow not given the most blatant penalty you''ll see all season.

Jerome did what Jerome does. Worked tirelessly but didn''t have anything clear cut to put away.

Overall a solid display. I feared the worst and am leaving ecstatic. Really entertaining game albeit scrappy.

Ref and linesman were atrocious. Really really poor. Lost control.[/quote]

Great post Kickitoff, you and those other long suffering away fans have been long overdue a fighting and more importantly winning display on the road, glad you got that today :) Thats 2 ref''s in a row now we''ve had, the pillock on Tues was dreadful, how he missed that Tettey smack to the head il never know.. sounds like this one was even worse?!

[quote user="Hercules Parrot"]City actually looked quite calm - didn''t seem to be any panic, just stuck to it, blocked the crosses won the ball back and saw the time outPromises alot, now things are beginning to click[/quote] Yes, and complete vindication for Tuesday night when so many on here were slaughtering Farke. Calmness, belief, confidence and things beginning to click come with time, repetition and consistency from game to game. 

Good point Westy.

Looking at the Burton game alone it was disappointing. But looking at it as part of the most recent three games gives a different perspective.

[quote user="kick it off"]Should add I did make it out of away end eventually but was still there when I started the post above.[/quote]Thanks for the report, much appreciated.[Y]

"kick it off wrote the following post at 16/09/2017 5:29 PM:

The pen was blatant. Madison nicked the ball off the keeper and the keeper cleaned him out. Absolute stone wall. "

Thanks for your report KIO.

On the stream it looked like a definite pen.

Maddison got a bit of a knock, hope it''s not too bad, don''t think he came back on.

[quote user="lake district canary"]F***ing great to see a battling win like that. Fully deserved. Ref poor as kio said, but then he did send off the blades manager.......[/quote]What was all that about. i saw some chap go down the touchline, then the ref went to the managers areas and their bloke went and hit behind the dugout. Very bizarre. The crowd were also getting very excited. I think they sensed that it was not going to be their day.Hopefully Maddison is ok. Really peed the ref by taking his time to get off the pitch.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Good point Westy.

Looking at the Burton game alone it was disappointing. But looking at it as part of the most recent three games gives a different perspective.[/quote]To illustrate further just how ill-considered the reaction to Tuesday night was, imagine if we had beaten Burton 1:0 and then come here and drawn 0:0, so getting the same points from the two games and keeping two clean sheets. Would anyone have been moaning? No, they would be saying what HP said about progress and things beginning to click.

[quote user="lake district canary"]F***ing great to see a battling win like that. Fully deserved. Ref poor as kio said, but then he did send off the blades manager.......[/quote]
To be fair I thought he was poor both ways. I felt we got stitched more than they did, but they were denied a clear corner amongst other bits that went our way. The ref missed 3 off the ball incidents, what appeared to be an elbow on Stiepermann, the penalty and that was just for us, he gave some ridiculous free kicks for blatant dives, let Gunn timewaste for hours, and just generally totally lost control.
No idea why their manager got sent to the stands, must''ve have said something the ref didn''t like I guess.