Sign in to follow this  
pete

A more confident Josh M is the answer

To City''s attacking problems. Josh must be played consistently as he''s our most potent attacking force. We have to nurture Josh but he needs to be more precise with his finishing we know he can do it with goals against Blackpool and others. Needs to do this more often.

yep... a free-roaming role, from right behind the striker could work for him...

but would it fit with any system we currently use (without dropping both Hoolahan n Maddison?)?

could we opt for the dreaded Christmas tree formation?

Gunn

Pinto - Zimmermann - Klose - Stiepermann

Tettey - Reed - Trybull

Murphy - Hoolahan/Maddison

Jerome

With Oliveira out I think Wildschut for width, and Josh up the middle is worth a try.

With Jerome playing, there is a temptation to hit it long knowing he will run all day for any ball.

But with Josh in the middle the ball over the top might be a better weapon.

Absolute joke to consider Murphy on his own up top really just because of his pace, his finishing is not up to scratch at all as we witnessed on Tuesday when he was one on one with the keeper!

Absolute joke to consider Murphy on his own up top really just because of his pace, his finishing is not up to scratch at all as we witnessed on Tuesday when he was one on one with the keeper!

I don''t think Jerome has covered himself in glory when having chances.

In fact I can only think of two or three strikers in the world who I would expect to score every time when one on one.

i always thought Jacob could play up front

josh ? i don''t know i think Jacob is the better to be honest this season he really would of been our top player still waiting for josh to fill his boots

i would also try the young lads Abrahams or Fonkeu sometime raw ability is harder to defend against off the bench

Josh was always the one more capable of playing through the middle I thought whereas Jacob was the more rounded player hence why Neil preferred him. I''d still say Josh is the more talented based on what I''ve seen but he still has a bit of strengthening to do but that will come with more experience.

personally I like maddison as the free role behind the strikers as he''s more of an all rounder and the closest to Wes successor. it''d be nice to see him add a few more goals to his game tho.

Great to see Cam encouraging him yesterday after he over hit a through ball for the big man.

Much more productive than berating him. Top class is Cam.