Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Klose back - three clean sheets on the bounce

How much is "a fair bit"? Of course having him back makes a difference, but it is a long way from making the whole difference as the OP tried to suggest. It is absurd to attribute the improvements you mention -- the greater organisation, the picking up of runners, the disciplined holding of position (Tettey no longer ball chasing like a headless chicken for example), etc. etc. -- simply to Klose''s return. 

As you yourself quoted I said ''a fair bit'' not all of it. A fully motivated and switched on Klose is by far away our best centre back.

I do feel there are a few on here who dug their heels in so firmly on Russel Martin that they are trying to downplay how much of a difference Klose has made so they don''t have to be wrong.

No one can argue Klose hasnt been good (and to that fact far better than Martins games this season) but overall changing to two defensive mids and playing with a more defensive mindset from the off seem far more relevant to me.

Nothing to do with digging in heels re Martin. Always said when someone proves to be better he will deservedly lose his place in the side. That is currently happening. No qualms here.