Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

A new nagging concern

Whether by fortune or a master stroke Farke has revolitionised the resilience of our side by playing Trybull and Tettey in the middle of the park and shielding the back line.

What happens when either of those guys gets suspended or injured?

We seem a little light in the DM position if we are now going to play 2. Perhaps this will become a priority for the January window.

Thoughts?

Reed is more than adequate cover.

Imo defending is as much about a mindset throughout the team as being the responsibility of certain individuals.

Wouldn''t worry, my priorities would be another left back and striker.

I expect Reed will return re-energised at some point. Much as Wilschutt has.Watkins was thought of to be a bit of a ''lightweaight'' and I''m sure poor old Husband was offered up as a replacement scapegoat so as to give Marti a break.I believe we have the coaching staff to rebuild them - maybe not as the six million dollar man, but as decent footballers. Too many were thrown into the mix without us really sortung out what was what, who would do what and who could do what.We are beginning to settle down. Players will be brought back in once we know what''s needed.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]It was unfair on reed to have expected him to have played the lone holding role at millwall and Villa and should have played alongside tettey all along. Trybull has looked OK but reed looks a very good player[/quote]Trybull just OK? Not knocking your thoughts or anything, although I think he''s been very impressive. Others seem to have the same opinion. I think Farke might be more likely to play Trybull and Reed, of potential combinations, but we do have options now which is great.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]A left back should be priority in next window![/quote]

I take it you didn''t see Jamal Lewis impressing in pre-season then? As long as he continues to progress well, I certainly think we''ve got our future LB on our books already

Agreed AJ. Promising player, saw him at Cams and was excited for the season until the injury.

Fingers x''d he''s back in the loop in the New Year, but it''ll take some getting up to speed. Speaking of which, any news on Louis Thompson?

What if one gets suspended, you''re joking surely Tettey two games two yellows will be suspended for Reading (A).

Hercules Parrot todays name could Theresa May tomorrow wrote

I believe we have the coaching staff to rebuild them - maybe not as the six million dollar man,

Loved Lee Majors pity he''s not in our back 10

I was impressed with Trybull on Saturday and Tettey is always better than a lot of fans give him credit for IMO.  I think Reed has also looked good here, so I''m not convinced in this area we have a worse squad than last season.

Ditto Stiepermann did a good job at LB and I think Husband is an acceptable backup there.