Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Trouble after the game?

That''s the argument lakey, inside ground is done by club with stewards/ private security firms etc.

The police claim the extra drain on resources for an event should also be paid for by the club''s / events organisers.

They only have a certain number on duty, and if extra get called in to cover an event, that''s over and above.

Greavsy wrote the following post at 17/09/2017 9:48 PM:

Agree van wink, but (and not wishing to get political) but when money is tight, everyone is looking to where they can save / bring extra in from.

I would argue that as most attendees would be tax payers, they are entitled and would expect emergency services support if required, wherever they are.

Exactly, the necessary level of policing should be there based on the intel the police have, with SU recent track record some sort of public order problems seem highly likely.

Argue about the financing of this later in Court if necessary but provide the policing first.

Im no authority on this, but beleive that''s what happened before, and hence why certain police forces have withdrawn their services.

It''s a balancing act, as if you move the officers from other duties to cover an event that leaves a vulnerability there.

I can see both sides of the argument, no easy answer, hence the court cases.

I can back up what Tilly said early, we arrived at the ground early about 1:15pm and we didn''t see one single policeman all afternoon. No trouble at the exit we left from other than the exit spilled straight into the path of Blades fans, why didn''t they just close that road of to them, especially with 6/7 Saunders coaches lined up on that road.

I''m sure the club will be asking questions of Sheffield Utd.

Any news of the lads who were taken to hospital?

Looks as if football clubs need to get their act together. A couple of years ago I went to the Rotherham game, covered by South Yorks Police, and they had about 80 plus police in combat gear, who lined the route back to town centre. I told one copper, do you not realise that Norwich fans are sensible law abiding citizens. Did not bat an eyelid. Perhaps they were protecting us from the local paedos.

If a little lad got killed in the violence the argument over who pays for the policing would be swiftly resolved.

[quote user="Diane"]I can back up what Tilly said early, we arrived at the ground early about 1:15pm and we didn''t see one single policeman all afternoon. No trouble at the exit we left from other than the exit spilled straight into the path of Blades fans, why didn''t they just close that road of to them, especially with 6/7 Saunders coaches lined up on that road.

I''m sure the club will be asking questions of Sheffield Utd.

Any news of the lads who were taken to hospital?[/quote]

What was also noticeable was the fact that the coaches stopped by the kerb next to the stadium - around four feet from the ground - when arriving, allowing people to get almost straight into the ground if they wanted - but after the match the coaches were on the other side of the road, which I thought odd at the time, because so many local people were going past, meaning our fans had to cross their path to get to the coaches.  Asking for trouble.

I take your point Lakey, and given SUs alleged previous behaviour maybe more consideration should have been given. However, when I''ve been to away games in the past, that has been my experience, and both sets fans of fans have been able to mingle freely, as it should be.

[quote user="vos"]Looks as if football clubs need to get their act together. A couple of years ago I went to the Rotherham game, covered by South Yorks Police, and they had about 80 plus police in combat gear, who lined the route back to town centre. I told one copper, do you not realise that Norwich fans are sensible law abiding citizens. Did not bat an eyelid. Perhaps they were protecting us from the local paedos.[/quote]

I think that might have been a week after millwall ran riot in Rotherham so they wanted a reassuring presence

[quote user="vos"]Looks as if football clubs need to get their act together. A couple of years ago I went to the Rotherham game, covered by South Yorks Police, and they had about 80 plus police in combat gear, who lined the route back to town centre. I told one copper, do you not realise that Norwich fans are sensible law abiding citizens. Did not bat an eyelid. Perhaps they were protecting us from the local paedos.[/quote]

I think that might have been a week after millwall ran riot in Rotherham so they wanted a reassuring presence

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="FCC"]

In the away end their was a proper chump who constantly tried to start abusive chants aimed at any female who walked around the pitch. Whoever he is, he has some serious issues - and should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Clearly has never had a girlfriend, know any women, or have a daughter or sister.[/quote]Yep heard it every time a female walked around the pitch. " She''s a whore, she''s a whore ".You just cannot comprehend the mentality of such a sad individual.[/quote]there is a similar individual in the Barclay although he has toned it down a bit over the last year

Sheff Utd are a club with form for fan problems.  Quite a few grounds in this part of the world arrange it so away fans can get to the coaches without home fans crossing their path, e.g. Rotherham has been like that for years, Barnsley, Stoke, WBA.  At Sheff U it would have been easy for them to close the road we came out on and not let fans through for a period after the end of the game, just like those other clubs.  Combined with them throwing bottles onto the pitch etc it''s pretty shocking all round.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norwich-city-fan-john-carver-speaks-of-horror-after-broken-jaw-in-bramall-lane-violence-after-sheffield-united-game-1-5198177?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

John Carver, the guy that had his jaw broken, shocking!

My lad was coming out of the exit just as Blades (fans) tried to push their way in, nasty scenes, not what I would expect these days.