Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Trouble after the game?

It really was unbelievable GL. We drank all over the city centre before and after and I can''t recall seeing police at all .

I was certainly amazed there were none outside the away end when we came out or along that road or in the underpass all of which were very obvious potential flashpoint s.

It wasn''t policed. SYP have already said this. Not all games are. They also said they had no requests or calls from fans or security at the game.

Incidentally I was just coming out when the first punches were thrown. Just handbags but about 3 Norwich fans on one Sheffield Utd fan. So it''s not all black and white

A Load of Squit wrote the following post at 17/09/2017 1:42 PM:

Looks like the SYP didn''t have their notebooks aligned and have made a retraction.

SouthYorkshirePolice‏Verified account @syptweet

CORRECTION: The two men arrested following yesterday’s #SUFC v #NCFC match were from Sheffield and not Norwich as previously stated.

That''s unbelievable, except it isn''t sadly.

[quote user="Green Lantern"]Forgot my sons remained me we did see two coppers armed with rifles fully on show at a time of great tension at 9.30am this morning at the railway station[/quote]

Very unnecessary! Different police force though.

judderman wrote the following post at 2017-09-17 8:41 PM:

Green Lantern wrote:
Forgot my sons remained me we did see two coppers armed with rifles fully on show at a time of great tension at 9.30am this morning at the railway station

Very unnecessary! Different police force though.

Why very unnecessary! Had a bomb gone off or someone was there shooting indiscriminately you would undoubtedly have been grateful. Some of the comments on this thread are mind boggling, and some of you should be Sheffield united supporters! Just ridiculously childish and shows how ignorant some of you are! And for the record Police do not Police every match throughout the country, because the home club picks up the bill for those in and around the stadium. Should tell you idiots something! And for the biggest idiot of all commenting on the miners strike. Were you there!! No thought not.

I actually attended a number of pickets and rallies. Not Orgreave, but I can assure you plod did "play up" on a number of occasions. The clip shows a copper atacking a female ''journalist''. That was standard practice at the time  - intimidating anyone, with violence. There is ample evidence from numerous sources that the police were ''out of control''. The suggestion has been that their work during the miner''s strike was the reason they were not brought to book over the Hillsborough tragedy. I expect, like Hillsborough, the truth will eventually come out So don''t talk about stuff you don''t know about ie where I was.As to policing and stewarding, any away fan will tell you that varies considerable between clubs and police forces. The police have a responsibilty to the public of the public highway ie the path and road outside of the ground. It appears they were absent. As to City fans hitting a Sheff Utd fan I would suggest those City fans had not gone to the home end intent on causing problems, which is what can be seen below at 4m 32 secs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW1JisTNf_YAs to the Sheff Utd fans elsewherehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-41286897their behaviout at Boro should explain much

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Highland Canary"]It was very open exiting the ground. We''d spent an hour time wasting and falling over -- think the Boro match in reverse -- wonderful to watch as an away fan but makes you grumpy as a home fan. Ref didn''t deal with it - a couple of yellows to Gunn, Pinto et all before halftime might have nipped our tactics in the bud. Didn''t see any of the trouble but agree stewarding was pretty absent leaving the ground.

Listening to the conversations on the train to Meadowhall it was as if their fans had ever witnessed such a high level of ''perceived'' cheating!

As to the game two clear penalties not given, one for each side. MOM Gunn for an excellent save at 0-0 and for an advanced lesson in time wasting thereafter. Yanic the pick of the outfielders.

The players looked together and up for it. The contrast with Millwall could not have been greater.

Encouraging signs.[/quote]Good to hear you being positive, Highland [Y][/quote]
You couldn''t make it up[;)]

Hercules Parrot wrote the following post at 2017-09-17 9:31 PM:

I actually attended a number of pickets and rallies. Not Orgreave, but I can assure you plod did "play up" on a number of occasions. The clip shows a copper atacking a female ''journalist''. That was standard practice at the time - intimidating anyone, with violence. There is ample evidence from numerous sources that the police were ''out of control''. The suggestion has been that their work during the miner''s strike was the reason they were not brought to book over the Hillsborough tragedy. I expect, like Hillsborough, the truth will eventually come out So don''t talk about stuff you don''t know about ie where I was.

And which police force was that??! Do you understand the term mutual aid? So come on, which force was that?

oh dearFirstly I am fully aware that other police forces were used, outside of their county. I am also aware that there were supposedly member of the armed forces used as well.Secondly you cannot know what I think. Neither can either of us know what the other knows. That should be fairly obvious ... to most.That you have some sort of upset about one or two things is also obvious. And I doubt this is the place for you to seek help. Also this is a football forum and discussions of this nature have been confined to the ''brexit'' forum so for my part I shall end it here.g''night all

At the three previous away games this season i have seen and spoken to PC Andy King the Norwich officer in charge of the spotters for Norwich City and yesterday there was no sign of him or any of his colleagues. I never saw a SYP officer either before,during or after the game either inside or outside the ground so it is obvious it was a Police free game.

[quote user="City 2nd"]And for the record Parrot I know far more than you think and will ever know!![/quote][:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]At the three previous away games this season i have seen and spoken to PC Andy King the Norwich officer in charge of the spotters for Norwich City and yesterday there was no sign of him or any of his colleagues. I never saw a SYP officer either before,during or after the game either inside or outside the ground so it is obvious it was a Police free game. [/quote]

I find that remarkable - and rather disturbing. 

[quote user="FCC"]

In the away end their was a proper chump who constantly tried to start abusive chants aimed at any female who walked around the pitch. Whoever he is, he has some serious issues - and should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Clearly has never had a girlfriend, know any women, or have a daughter or sister.[/quote]Yep heard it every time a female walked around the pitch. " She''s a whore, she''s a whore ".You just cannot comprehend the mentality of such a sad individual.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]At the three previous away games this season i have seen and spoken to PC Andy King the Norwich officer in charge of the spotters for Norwich City and yesterday there was no sign of him or any of his colleagues. I never saw a SYP officer either before,during or after the game either inside or outside the ground so it is obvious it was a Police free game. [/quote]Is that because of budget cuts, clubs unwilling to pay or clubs putting faith in fans/stewards?

At half time there was around half a dozen police walk along the track in front of our support and stood wiith a group of stewards under where the big screen, no idea where they went when the fnal whiistle went!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]At the three previous away games this season i have seen and spoken to PC Andy King the Norwich officer in charge of the spotters for Norwich City and yesterday there was no sign of him or any of his colleagues. I never saw a SYP officer either before,during or after the game either inside or outside the ground so it is obvious it was a Police free game. [/quote]

I find that remarkable - and rather disturbing. 

[/quote]If Sheff Utd will not pay for their services those services are not provided Lakey. How many court cases are currently going on where football clubs have refused to pay the Police bill and i believe The Scum are currently at loggerheads with Suffolk Police over £200K ?Surely it is right for clubs to foot the bill rather than the taxpayer ?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]At half time there was around half a dozen police walk along the track in front of our support and stood wiith a group of stewards under where the big screen, no idea where they went when the fnal whiistle went![/quote]I suggest they were Specials Lessingham.

''Children were "targeted" in a post-match brawl which broke out between more than 200 football fans in a coach park, a police chief has said.

Trouble flared in Riverside Stadium car park after the Middlesbrough v Sheffield United game on Saturday.

Children as young as 10 were hurt in the violence, which also left one Cleveland Police officer in hospital.

Assistant Chief Constable Jason Harwin said it was one of the worst incidents he had seen in 25 years of service.

Mr Harwin said the majority of those involved were from Sheffield and South Yorkshire."

Nice bunch!!

As you say Tilly lots of court cases about who pays for the policing.

Clubs say they pay their taxes, and the fans pay theirs so shouldn''t be an additional bill from them for the approaches / car parks etc, outside the ground.

Police say it''s over and above and hence should not come out of the public purse.

Whilst I can see both arguments, I do think the club''s should foot the bill, for the additional cover required as a result of their event.

Agree van wink, but (and not wishing to get political) but when money is tight, everyone is looking to where they can save / bring extra in from.

I would argue that as most attendees would be tax payers, they are entitled and would expect emergency services support if required, wherever they are.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]At the three previous away games this season i have seen and spoken to PC Andy King the Norwich officer in charge of the spotters for Norwich City and yesterday there was no sign of him or any of his colleagues. I never saw a SYP officer either before,during or after the game either inside or outside the ground so it is obvious it was a Police free game. [/quote]I find that remarkable - and rather disturbing.  [/quote]If Sheff Utd will not pay for their services those services are not provided Lakey. How many court cases are currently going on where football clubs have refused to pay the Police bill and i believe The Scum are currently at loggerheads with Suffolk Police over £200K ?Surely it is right for clubs to foot the bill rather than the taxpayer ?[/quote]

I may see this simplisticly, but it seems to me that policing inside the stadium should be paid for, outside the stadium is the police''s responsibility, as it is they who should be looking after the public on the public streets.