Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

So Sheffield United fans aren't fans of us!

If you''re bored, take a read through https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/view-from-norwich.57945/page-1
Couple of my favourites :
"United are a bigger club than Norwich will ever be. Today they were a lucky set of cheating, diving, play-acting, time wasting tw*ts who I hope lose every other game this season. The ref needs abusing with the rough end of a pineapple."
"Cheers Roy. They really hate wilder don''t they?. They acknowledge they were time wasting but then are aggrieved that the ref adds time on for doing that!!. They need to realise that is a rule of the game!!. They can go back to their farms and shag other members of their family!!."
"I''m particularly annoyed about the pavement outside Bramall Lane getting stained. People have to walk on that."

I just dont get it. Its like they have never seen a game of football before.

All we did was what Boro did to us a few years back (0-1 at Carrow Road), we have seen much worse before. At times this season Sheff Utd will also play like that, its now part & parcel of football.

The pavement stain comment is outrageous.

They attack some of our fans and then make comments like that.

It''s football ff5, a game.

We can only assume that having league one fairly easily last season, and then starting this one well, Sheff Utd had forgotten what it was like to lose football matches.

Seldom have I seen a club as a whole take a defeat as badly.

That''s the Yorkies for you Blades fans are only wannabe Leeds thugs, you''ll never get there.

To be fair to them, it''s a long time they''ve been down in L1 and it''s a pretty different sort of game at that level.

I find it particularly amusing that they were so annoyed by Gunn taking time to pick up the bottles they''d thrown onto the pitch.  Maybe not throwing them in the first place would have helped with that ?

As far as our time-wasting went, Gunn took probably a pretty typical amount of time for a goalkeeper taking free-kicks at the end for an away team leading 1-0.  Nothing that I haven''t seen often from the other side, and nothing like the ridiculous antics of the Boro keeper who fell over "injured" when he collected the ball with no player within 5 yards of him.  Also he went down at one point when he''d got the ball and had a pretty robust challenge from one of their players - let''s face it, that''s par for the course.

The main injury stoppage was when their goalie took out one of our players (I thought it was Maddison but I''ve seen an account saying it was Husband ? whatever) in the penalty area and I thought it was as clear a penalty as you could see - it was up at our end and he''d got to the ball first and was then clearly taken out by the goalie.  And having failed to be awarded a (deserved) penalty, he was in no rush to get back up.  If I were a Sheff U fan, I''d have been more relieved about the ref not awarding the pen than critical of him for not controlling the time for the injury.

Overall a really petulant attitude summed up by their manager sulking about being sent off and complaining about us arriving late so he didn''t get our team sheet until 1.45, poor thing.

I liked Farke''s statement on the accusations made by Sheff U Manager. He said, and I quote “I heard about this topic and there were some comments and accusations,” he said. “I won’t comment..................."He then goes on for another 5 paragraphs commenting on it.  [:D]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-boss-daniel-farke-responds-to-chris-wilder-s-disrespect-jibes-after-sheffield-united-win-1-5199274

I was reading that forum yesterday. Never have I seen a group of fans act so childishly after defeat. If they don''t like those tactics then best they get relegated again. Their manager and fans have made themselves look tin pot

Am I right in thinking over 7 minutes of ''injury'' time were played in the second half? According to the BBC text updates:

"90'' + 8'' Full time

Second half ends, Sheffield United 0, Norwich City 1."

Burton game ''only'' had 5 mins.

I hate time wasting, but everyone does it. It''s up to the ref to manage it.

Some decent Blades fans posting on this thread, as always trouble caused by the minority of idiots
[url]https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/get-ready-for-more-segregation.57922/page-2[/url]

I go to very few games a season so I can''t really offer anything than an opinion about crowd behaviour.

It does appear that violent under current is now surfacing now that clubs use stewards instead of the police for certain games.

I guess NCFC are seen as harmless and an ideal match for clubs to use just stewards.

Whatever way these bone headed neanderthals feel aggrieved by our play on Saturday does not excuse this any more.

And knowing that there were no police was an invitation for them to over react. Unfortunately it seemed one of our lads reacted to their provocation and ended up in hospital.

Norfolk people are seen as carrot crunching two thumbed in bred imbeciles. So what. Who cares. If it makes a few middle aged Yorkies happy to take the mick then the stereotype applies to them also.

Clubs are quite happy to spend a fortune on players, and in clubs like our case, by the income accrued by supporters involvement yet they are not prepared to pay for the ultimate law and order.

I''m afraid the current problems are in most part caused by the unwillingness of clubs to ensure the safety of their supporters.

"United are a bigger club than Norwich will ever be."They''re not even the biggest club in their own city. Tw@s!

Wilder is told that we got our team in for 1.45, but hasn''t the brains to stop there, he decides to carry on his rant about the Coach Driver anyway! (Can someone interview the Coach Driver, please, and let him give a critique on Wilder''s management on Saturday?)

What an embarrassing, childish and pathetic show by Wilder, in that interview. As a grown man, he should hold his head in shame. Imagine, in other forms of business, a Manager coming out with that sort of whinge, about another business,.

Football, at the top level, is believing it''s own hype and parts of it, are so far removed from real life, and disappearing up it''s own rear end.

I''ve never liked Sheff U - when I was younger I used to go and stay up that way quite a lot and always went to watch Wednesday in preference - a much better club and supporters, I certainly picked the right one to follow, however vaguely.

[quote user="Woodman"]Am I right in thinking over 7 minutes of ''injury'' time were played in the second half? According to the BBC text updates: "90'' + 8'' Full time Second half ends, Sheffield United 0, Norwich City 1." Burton game ''only'' had 5 mins. I hate time wasting, but everyone does it. It''s up to the ref to manage it.[/quote]

Yes - the board showed 6 mins at the 90, but I set a stopwatch running on my phone at the start of the 2nd half and I remember checking it shortly before the whistle blew and it showed we''d had over 7 mins of injury time at that point.  Which was pretty fair given the stoppages & substitutions - I don''t think they can complain about how much injury time the ref gave.

Actually I thought he had a decent game overall, aside from missing the obvious penalty for us...

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Actually I thought he had a decent game overall, aside from missing the obvious penalty for us...

[/quote]
Missed a penalty, an apparent elbow to the face of Stipermann, at least 3 off the ball incidents, and gave a goal kick to us off a clear deflection that could be clearly seen from other end of pitch, amongst about 15 other things he got entirely wrong. He totally lost control of the game.
Were you at the game or watching from afar, as I''m fairly sure if you were there that you were the only one inside Bramall Lane who thought he was anything above atrocious.
It was both ways too, he wasn''t horrific favouring one team or the other, he was equally sh** for both sides, so I guess he was consistent at least.

" I don''t think they can complain about how much injury time the ref gave."given that much of it was dealing with the tantrum of their manager, their fans chucking things on the pitch and their keeper clattering Madisonhowever all of this could easily be rectified by the ref having some meathod of indicating that time has been stopped during any stoppages in injury time... and beforeif you know that what ever time is left is NOT being run down by the opposition feigning injury, taking their time over kicks etc I think it would calm things down a bit

While these fans do sound like knobs I''m sure we wouldn''t be delighted if the roles were reversed. I was fuming post the Boro game as I thought they completely took the piss from about 30 minutes onwards.

The onus is on the ref to crack down on this but I''ll be disappointed if we have to be using that level of gamesmanship on a regular basis.

I didnt even think our gamesmanship was bad. No where near boro level.

Gunn took a bit longer on his goal kicks. That was literally about it wasnt it? Did any of our players feign a head injury despite not being touched?

From what I saw on a stream the time wasting was nothing more than what we see regularly in the Championship!

I dont like it but at the moment at least it seems to be part of the game for all teams.

Maddison did take a fair old bit of time getting off the pitch. The ref was even trying to push him off.But it comes down to how these matters are dealt with. The ref should have stopped his watch... let the crowd know that he done so and then warned Maddison that he would be booked if he didn''t get a move on.I have every sympathy with all fans as the time allowed seems very arbitary. If it is four minutes then it should be four minutes and the ref should be allowed to stop the watch for ANYTHING that is deemed time wasting during those four minutes.Similarly with the ''wrestling'' at corners. A while back a binner (Knudsen) was warned about grabbing the opposition player yet did it again when the corner was taken. Bang !  Reading were awarded a penalty and scored.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSvxTcEH9iQIt does need tightening up, if only so it looks much fairer.

Ref was terrible but was equally terrible for both teams. Each side had a penalty not given. I agree with Hogesar I didn''t think we were time wasting that badly. They just appear to have forgotten what losing is like and have lost the plot.

"If it is four minutes then it should be four minutes and the ref should be allowed to stop the watch for ANYTHING that is deemed time wasting during those four minutes"

I dont know the rules on that point but I assumed that the ref did have discretion to extend the time allowed if there were further injuries or time wasting during the period. Also if there were further subs.

As for Maddison he did take a long time to get off and took advantage of the ref being so weak, it does sound as if he had a genuine injury though, Farke described him as dancing around the changing room with blood coming from his foot, a bit dramatic!

[quote user="Norwich Market Canary"]Will make for a tasty return leg in January[/quote]Going to accuse anyone of being racist today, Waveney?Or just start yet another new account and act like nothing happened?

[quote user="Yellowfuture"]"If it is four minutes then it should be four minutes and the ref should be allowed to stop the watch for ANYTHING that is deemed time wasting during those four minutes"

I dont know the rules on that point but I assumed that the ref did have discretion to extend the time allowed if there were further injuries or time wasting during the period. Also if there were further subs.

As for Maddison he did take a long time to get off and took advantage of the ref being so weak, it does sound as if he had a genuine injury though, Farke described him as dancing around the changing room with blood coming from his foot, a bit dramatic![/quote]
Ref does have discretion - they have to add 30 seconds on if a goal is scored in injury time for example. The X amount of minutes shown by the 4th official is the MINIMUM time to be added on.

The problem is that all too often it is the maximum, irrespective of how much time is wasted in those four minutes.What the concern and fans frustration is that it too often does not seem ''fair''. It''s probably just a case of perception - so maybe there should be a way of demostrating what is happening.the ball goes out and the keeper starts slowing things down. so the ref indicates that the remaining minutes have stopped until the ball is back in play. i would also like to see the player taking the ball into the corner stopped as well.Just as the back pass rule was introduced players could be made aware of how things stand and such stuff which may be perfectly legitimate only serve to annoy fans.

Surely the last few posts are almost justifying the Blades idiots who were intent on trouble.

The Ref, Gunn, Maddison or anything else does not give them the right to hospitalise our fans.

If we provoked their fans with nasty chants then I can see a reason for trouble.

But not anything that went on during the game on the pitch.

Feedthewolf wrote the following post at 18/09/2017 10:39 PM:

Norwich Market Canary wrote:

Will make for a tasty return leg in January

Going to accuse anyone of being racist today, Waveney?

Or just start yet another new account and act like nothing happened?

What did happen to that thread where Waveney accused City fans and some pink un posters of being racists?