Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Impressive Maddison

Im one of few who think he has been a little over hyped this season - not that hes been poor by any stretch of the imagination I just think some have got a little carried away.

But was really pleased to see how the atmosphere and rough and tumble match on Saturday only seemed to bring out more fighting spirit which for a young, smallish number 10 is a great sign. Walking off the pitch slowly and his subsequent social media posts show hes not afraid to upset opposition fans etc too.

All little things but those kind of personality streaks are often in top players.

He is an absolutely class act at his young age, and I can see some Prem sides sniffing come next summer. Hopefully he will see that his development is best served with us for a couple more seasons. He may even get a chance at the Prem with us during that time. If not, he can move on and up.

He certainly plays beyond his age.. if that is the right expression.Reading stuff from him earlier he said he expected to be ''roughed up'' a bit in the Championship but that was part of the game. If he goes then let''s hope the transfer market has become even sillier by then.If the figures for the respective fees of Murphy and Maddison then I would suggest the club has done well - and all credit to those identifying those youngsters. And maybe a thought for Coventry who cannot of welcomed losing him so early.

He need a lot more muscle, there were a few times he got muscled away by the opposition in the last game. I can see there is potential, but lack som muscle.

Without Tettey and Trybull there would have been ugly again. They did both do a very good job protecting the back four and as central midfielder in the Championship Maddison has to get muscles fast so he don''t get pushed over and over again, that is outmuscled.

I believe he toughened up a bit playing in Scotland.

He goes down easily, partly because of his speed and quick feet he is getting knocked by defenders who are too slow to keep up with him, thats all to the good.

Going to win us a lot of free kicks this season, so long as he doesn''t wind the refs up too much.

He does appear to go down very easily, often because he delays a pass to the very last second and draws a foul. In some games refs will give him the fouls, but in others, like Sheffield on Saturday, he won''t get as much protection - especially away from home. Reminds me a bit of Bellamy.

[quote user="Norwich Market Canary"]He is developing very very quickly

Way to go but will be a top top player[/quote]Good good post post. [:)]