Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Sheffield: "We will not stand for this"

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/september/statement/

A strongly worded statement. Also says that they have been reported to the FA for the incidents on Saturday.

They''ve got a derby at Hillsborough on Saturday, I expect they''ll fail to behave again.The club may have more bans to hand out.

"https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/september/statement/"Fair comment. However the clip of the morons pushing into the City exit should identify enough of these idiots to ban a few moreIf you scroll down their is ten minutes of highlights. Looking at the Maddison penalty appeal I would have to say the referee got it right. The keeper was stationary when Maddison hit him. Therefore as bad as it looks it is not a foul in my view.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]They''ve got a derby at Hillsborough on Saturday, I expect they''ll fail to behave again.The club may have more bans to hand out.

[/quote]Should be on Sunday.

[quote user="Norwich Market Canary"]Looking like a tasty return leg. This could rumble on for years[/quote]For cretins like you I don''t doubtA number of idiots became over excited, that is the nature of the gameA niumber of bigger idiots took it to a violent level, that is their cretinous natureHopefully we will have moved on by then and can welcome their fans with the decency that City fans are about - rather than be dragged down to the level of those middle aged halfwits.

A Sheffield reporter is also saying that Paul Coutts is being investigated by the FA for an off the ball elbow in the face of a Norwich player (Steipermann?). Likely 3 match ban if found guilty.

Did anyone see it?

The elbow was on Husband. I didn''t know what was more shocking at the time, the fact their player didn''t even get a card for it, or the fact it wasn''t even given as a foul! Both the referee and linesman managed to somehow miss it.

I believe Maddison(?) was also down injured at the same time (not the one he went off for, but when he went down after hurting his back).

The officials were awful. Absolutely awful.

Glad retrospective action is going to be taken, it was 100% blatant block on Husband to stop us counter-attacking.

A bit ironic, a picture of them sat in their Directors box while their supporters throw objects onto the pitch, that in itself deserved a statement straight aftrer the match, IMO.Have a feeling these words are all very hollow........................ lets see.

Maddison looked like he got caught by an arm in the face when he went down on the half way line but at the time it looked to me more of an accidental flailing arm than an elbow. I wondered if that was the incident when I saw the report of the FA investigation.

I must confess I missed the Husband incident if it was on him.

If Sheffield Utd really want to remove this type of behaviour by their fans, then they should also look to remove their absolute whinge-bag of a manager, who didn''t help calm matters down by (as we all know) flipping out during the game and inflaming the situation more than it needed to be.

I think they should get some credit for this to be honest. I thought we were looking at a "sweep it under the carpet" job but this has well and truly brought it out into the open. Also no attempt at deflecting the blame onto the ref or time-wasting or erroneous chants. Would have been easy for them to keep their heads down and hope it quietly disappeared.

Agree their manager needs to have long look at himself though. He''s totally misread and inflamed the situation. Hopefully someones given him a bit of a flee in his ear.

Still a way to go and actions will speak louder than words but at least they are putting their hands up.

The statement seems fair enough, let''s see if they actually do anything!

I imagine they will, there is no benefit to the club in getting a reputation even worse than it is at the moment, it can only damage them in the long run.

As has been said, their manager needs to sort out his behaviour and be a lot more professional in his press conferences. All he has done with his behaviour and remarks is to add fuel to the fire, a real idiot!

[quote user="CANARYKING"]SSN just reporting two " supporters " have been given life bans ![/quote]

Probably the same two charged with assault by the police

I have to say, when I first read this post I wondered if it was a comment in relation to not losing games due to coach drivers not doing their ''homework'', perceived time wasting and whatever other excuse the manager could come up with.... Haha... "We will NOT stand for this"Glad folk are agreeing with my point about the manager. Atmosphere wasn''t quite as toxic until he started his histrionics. Absolute cry baby.

Kudos to the blades for this. Life bans are absolutely spot on. They''re setting a good precedent... imagine if we had home fans acting like that after the game. Id expect the club to do the same. I love a good bit of banter, bit of jeering and goading... violence around kids and decent citizens is just for cunts, and you should therefore be banned like one.

As pointed out previously, I hope they identify their embarrassing manager as part of the root cause. What a classless baby compared to Farke.

[quote user="Norwich Market Canary"]Can only assume it was the board and their guests[/quote]

Surely Delia & Wynnie are the most unlikely objects of abuse from opposition supporters.

Brain dead in Yorkshire.

Good to see that Sheffield Utd have made this statement and are giving life bans to fans involved.

Have been there 2/3 times before and have never known there to be any trouble before, shame, hope the injured lads recover ok

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]''High profile Norwich officials threatened and abused''   Who was that ?[/quote]

Master Tom had his rattle stolen and his Teddy abused

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Norwich Market Canary"]Can only assume it was the board and their guests[/quote]

Surely Delia & Wynnie are the most unlikely objects of abuse from opposition supporters.

Brain dead in Yorkshire.[/quote]

And not just oppo supporters eh Vince? 🙄

Hercules Parrot wrote the following post at 2017-09-19 4:27 PM:

Norwich Market Canary wrote:

Looking like a tasty return leg. This could rumble on for years

For cretins like you I don''t doubt

A number of idiots became over excited, that is the nature of the game

A niumber of bigger idiots took it to a violent level, that is their cretinous nature

Hopefully we will have moved on by then and can welcome their fans with the decency that City fans are about - rather than be dragged down to the level of those middle aged halfwits.

Spot on HP.

I''m sure there will be plenty of time/bottle,driving gags, from the fans around him, when they turn up for our home game. We can certainly take the moral high ground, and wind him up, in a non threatening/abusive way, and just keep on laughing at him.....