Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Brentford match thread

[quote user="Diane"]Tryball is going to be a big player for us this season[/quote]He seems to be a favourite already. Good spot to whoever found him[Y]

Disappointing to concede that goal. I suppose 360+ minutes of football without conceding is decent though.

A shame to concede but I guess on the plus side it will help prevent complacency, something to think about on the training pitch.

All in all what a great 10 days for Norwich, a real response from the Millwall and villa games, and some players really starting to making their names an automatic on the sheet!

Undefeated in 4, with 3 wins and only one goal conceded. This is almost good form and it''s been a while since we''ve been able to say that!

For us this is a good cup run getting into the 4th round. Same position as last year as well. I fancy we can''t avoid a hard opponent given who will be in the pot. I''m aiming for Bristol City, but we need a home game no matter what.

I was luckily enough to sit next to Delia for this game! We really enjoyed it, she''s such a fan it was nice cheering together. She thinks very highly of Murphy and Husband. We''ve also got Gunn for 2 years which looks very good the way he''s playing

A comment I liked from the match report....
"A physical but fair Norwich dominated midfield and at times in the latter stages proceedings resembled a training game."
That could be due to players just becoming a lot more comfortable with what the manager expects of them and taking the training to match days. Let''s hope so.

[quote user="Ncfc till the end"]I was luckily enough to sit next to Delia for this game! We really enjoyed it, she''s such a fan it was nice cheering together. She thinks very highly of Murphy and Husband. We''ve also got Gunn for 2 years which looks very good the way he''s playing[/quote]

Gunn'' s loan is only for this season

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2017/june/angus-gunn-signs/

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="Ncfc till the end"]I was luckily enough to sit next to Delia for this game! We really enjoyed it, she''s such a fan it was nice cheering together. She thinks very highly of Murphy and Husband. We''ve also got Gunn for 2 years which looks very good the way he''s playing[/quote]

Gunn'' s loan is only for this season

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2017/june/angus-gunn-signs/[/quote]
I think he was alluding to having inside info from Delia....

I''d say definitely if she rates Husband! Mind you seems to have improved of late and had a better game last night although their goal did come from that side.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Good form, but the opposition has been favourable. The next few games will tell us all where we''re heading this season.[/quote]

True, although I remember a few predicting we''d be thrashed by Sheff U.

Great game and atmosphere. One of the best I''ve been in a long time! Brentford staff were pure class too, the wait for pies wasn''t too long and I love their ground - 1st time for me. Not only that but we played well, bar their goal, keeping a high tempo throughout but retaining possession at the end when it mattered. Few nervy moments with their pen and the ball bouncing off our inside post but a fair test of the team.

I was lucky enough to be there too last night, although had to be quiet as I was in the home area.

I''ve not been to a game like that in a long time where I genuinely felt comfortable, even in the periods that Brentford were coming at us, particularly in the first half. We looked very comfortable on and off the ball, and I was very impressed in the first half with some of the close quarters quick passing that we came up with in tight areas.

I know its easy to say but I had a feeling Gunn would save the pen/they would miss, and this is indicative of how much better Norwich were than Brentford, they never really recovered after our penalty (which was a stupid one to give away by them, no question, and really riled up the home fans who felt that the ref was our twelfth man) and looked pretty predictable in possession going forward.

They had one shining light in their number 31 who made some decent runs down the left in the first half, which caused me some moderate concern, but really it was a great night out at a lovely ground. I hear that they are moving in the near future, which is a shame as the four pubs at the four corners are great.

@engineer

Away end wasn''t full but it was pretty busy. Impressive turnout considering its a mid week bit particularly glamorous cup tie.

There''s no doubt about it, the atmosphere is much better on the terraces-and at 53 i can just about manage 2 hours standing!