Sign in to follow this  
djc

Timm Klose 4 Norwich City 0

I think he''s not counting that as I believe by the time we conceded, Klose was not on the field as he''d been substituted. :)

It must help having Klose back, but I suspect having a coach who has started to get the team properly drilled defensively is also a massive factor.

Under AN last season in many games the players looked unsure about what they were meant to be doing, which is now changing.

Do not underestimate the importance of Tettey and Trybull in this run of clean sheets. With them screening the back four, we look a much more solid defensive unit.Klose has done brilliantly, adapted to this league now, but he was god awful last year at times. He''s already spoken about that and how he feels he has a better understanding of this league... but it isn''t all down to one man.Also, I feel RM would be able to slot in next to Timm (he will be needed this season certainly) and we''d still look good defensively. If we keep Tettey and Trybull (or Reed) in their respective roles, that is.

Remember we''ve still got Hanley to come in, as well as Zimmermann, Franke and Martin – plus Raggett in January too. I wouldn''t be surprised if Martin leaves in January, especially after he got ''the treatment'' at Millwall.

If people say Martin hasn''t been involved in a clean sheet when he actually has, then the same has to apply to Klose! 😜

Klose has been Kolossal so far this season,bringing a calmness and stability to the back 4 that was missing. He is showing what he can do for us.

I think that there are strong lessons to learn from both Klose and Wildschutts experience - around the time it takes players to settle and perform to the required standard when coming to a new club or league.

Both were written off last season but both showing their class now. It is likely that we will see a similar improvement from Husband, Vrancic &Franke in time