Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Burnley vs Leeds

Looks like the Police recommended, to the Ref, that the penalty shoot out should not take place in front of the Leeds fans. Has this happened before with penalty shoot outs? Is there too much/not enough, Police intervention at/with football games? (This with our game at Sheff Utd in mind!)

I bet Yoann Barbet wishes his penalty had been taken in front if the Brentford fans-I think we played a part in his miss, the noise was unbelievable as he stepped up to balloon it over the bar 😂

Yes our playoff final vs Birmingham, it had been decided before the game that penalties would be at the Birmingham fans end.  Not sure if it was the police who suggested it but it was known beforehand that is where they''d be if (as it turned out) it went to penalties.

I doubt if it made any difference because we were rubbish at penalties at that point.

In those days, I think they decided which end would be used before the game.

Not good that crowd influence affects the decision.

With all clubs now using pop up goal posts for the pre-match warm up, maybe they should quickly erect a set of goals on the halfway line if the Police are that concerned about fans!

The same thought crossed my mind. Ideally, they should also put up a tent around the goal to filter out all influence, bad vibes, etc, and the fans should be informed  about the result only at the end.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]With all clubs now using pop up goal posts for the pre-match warm up, maybe they should quickly erect a set of goals on the halfway line if the Police are that concerned about fans![/quote]pop up ?like the water sprinklers ?saves them being carried round and put up as temporary goals as in the old days, I suppose