Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Penny Dropped?

As someone said on MOTD2 over the weekend, winning games is more about clean sheets than scoring goals.

It would be interesting to know what the dynamic was within the club between the Millwall shambles and Birmingham. Who said what to whom and what was the outcome??

During the off-season the boy Webber talked about the club having an identity and that as far as Norwich City were concerned this was going to be a free scoring identity without too much regard for defending. The early results bore this out with the 3 at the back, etc.

Since Millwall that identity appears to have been ditched in favour of a more pragmatic, Georgie Graham 1-0 to the Arsenal approach. So, did the Germans have a go at the hierarchy after Millwall by saying the club had to change its identity?

My impression all along has been that this gung-ho approach of the past has been something that the Board has wanted because they think that entertainment matters more to Canary fans than results. That being the case, it explains why Alex Neil set out to try and outscore the opposition; but since he''s gone to a different club with a different philosophy he''s been the polar opposite. Even the boy Lambert went down this same route at the Villa.

The lesson to be learnt by all and sundry is that if you want to be at the top of the league you need to have lost the fewest games and this means conceding the fewest goals.

Numpty supporters to read above paragraph first thing every morning and last thing at night, one thousand times, or until they hear the penny drop. Fail to learn this lesson and you get the Board you deserve.

I should imagine this is the thought of most on herehttp://s836.photobucket.com/user/mrjug2/library/

To be fair Penny did have a bad game and he deserves to be dropped, we should bring in Shilling, he''s 12 times better than Penny.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]To be fair to Penny he was spent and Shilling should have been in his slot at half-time.[/quote]Agree regarding Penny Nutty, but would have preferred Tanner to have started in Shilling''s slot, had a tendency to get jammed whenever I saw him.

[quote user="Ray"]I new LSD had some to do with it, but it''s all two bob if you ask me.[/quote]

The boy Vince certainly seems like he has taken too much LSD.

Im confused, Vince doesnt come across as someone whod be fussed about having a limited slip differential

This thread is not going to well for Big Vince so i think you lot who have ridiculed it from the very first post had better prepare yourselves for him to pop up again just like he did on another thread with two words and one of them is off. [:D]

I preferred her when she was Penelope. That pink Roller was a bit gaudy though and that cockney Chauffeur was a bit wooden.

Anyone know who is taking her place in Thunderbirds?

While I disagree with the unnecessarily derogatory tone, I agree with the sentiment that the team do seem to have realised that a disciplined defensive structure is an essential base from which to go about trying to win games. It helps that they also seem to be putting in the required level of effort.I would say that there has been an arrogance about the team which has led to playing too ''gung ho'' and not putting in the hard work required to get results. Hopefully they have moved beyond this now.

[quote user="STFU"][quote user="Ray"]I new LSD had some to do with it, but it''s all two bob if you ask me.[/quote]

The boy Vince certainly seems like he has taken too much LSD.[/quote]

The second word is off.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I preferred her when she was Penelope. That pink Roller was a bit gaudy though and that cockney Chauffeur was a bit wooden.

Anyone know who is taking her place in Thunderbirds?[/quote]That driver is actually a stunt double for Noel Gallagher.he was actually in a loose sort of relationship with Ladt Penelope....................... no strings attached