Sign in to follow this  
Blue Hater

The silence is deafening!

Just what you would expect from a manager who has totally lost the plot.Its the week of the local derby and a game of paramount importance at any time let alone the plight we are in,and after the disgraceful start to the season culminating in the Watford debacle what answers does the manager have? NOTHING!! All we have is two loan signings banging the drum with the usual we will do better bull***t!! Worthington where are you???

There is spin from the media team at the club; but it is all defensive and preparing the fans for news they dont want to here.

Deehan n the radio supporting worthy this morning, davenport exhalting the quality of the green, flem, safri,ashton spine, the official sites comments on shacks peformance on tues, todays articles from archant are all about club spin rather than the game on sunday.

Our expectations are being managed by the ''newspeak''ers.

OTBC 

Blimey it gets worse by the minute. Not so much blue hater as mad hatter.

What on earth is Worthington supposed to do ? Parade around around the City like some town crier. Perform a song and dance routine at the Theatre Royal ? Visit, individualy every local halfwit and explain in exact detail the plans for sunday.

Still, for every half empty head there''s always one with less contained within to echo his words. The latter one here castigates the local paper for not doing more. They are newspapers. Should they simply make up things. If you want that stuff then why not buy the tabloids.

We lost at Watford it was not a debacle. The first half line up was caught out. It was changed and we ''won'' the second half. That''s what managing is about not pandering to over excited dimwits.

We are adapting to a new league and a different way of playing. Tuesday night showed we can adapt. My believe is that team selection and preparation will become more pro active as opposed to reactive. If that means concentrating on team matters at the expense of being an agony aunt for the club''s malcontents then so be it.

So now he has made comments to the press, does this mean he has now found the plot?

He really is in an impossible situation with some of you lot. If he says nothing he has lost the plot, if his team make supportive comments it is propaganda, if the media decide to make constructive criticisms and avoid all the hysteria from portions of the fan base that is also labelled as club controlled propaganda... what the hell is he supposed to do?

[quote]Blimey it gets worse by the minute. Not so much blue hater as mad hatter. What on earth is Worthington supposed to do ? Parade around around the City like some town crier. Perform a song and dance ro...[/quote]

Sorry Mad Dan I really cannot accept that we are "adapting" to a new league.  Most of our players have spent the majority of their careers in this league, they should know exactly what to expect.  Are you suggesting they have forgotten what this league is like? 

Southampton seem to have adapted quite nicely and they do not have the level of "Championship" experience we have.  They have lost the 3 forwards they had last season and two of their better players have retired. 

MadDan is far from mad IMHO - a calm response to our dire situation. Just what we need from all concerned. No complacency mind you, just calm belief.

I hope his silence will mean he is deep in thought over his team selection this sunday.

No mistakes or experimental formations.

Stick to the basics and players that are playing well (Paul Mcveigh and Jason Shackell).

Failure to do any of these will see his most hardened supporters lose the faith in him.

Adapting to a new league ? utter tosh ,as saint canary says our entire squad are all Championship players, that excuse carrys as much weight as the we have lots of players who need to gel rubbish you hear, Sheffield Utd have probably more new players in their team and they are doing just fine.

[quote]Blimey it gets worse by the minute. Not so much blue hater as mad hatter. What on earth is Worthington supposed to do ? Parade around around the City like some town crier. Perform a song and dance ro...[/quote]

mad dan

so you don''t think the watford result was a debacle?  Sorry, but it was one of our worst performances for a long time, and we didn''t win the second half, we survived.

As for adapting to a new league, that was last year, we are more than used to this one, sadly, and many of us on here have our opinions as to why we are doing so badly - i am sure you are aware of my opinions so won''t repeat them here

Different way of playing?  To what? we are playing the same stuff, and it isn''t working.  If that is down to the manager, players whatever, it needs to be sorted out.

As for the press, they always reflect the current mood of the moment, be it elation (as when we were promoted) or as now, uncertainty and if you like, doom and gloom.  In my relatively small circle of fellow supporters I haven''t met nor spoken to one who thinks we are doing well.  Are they all "local halfwits?" I suppose you would include me in that too 

Whatever your opinion or mine Mad Dan we aren''t exactly setting the division alight are we? 

I work with supporters of Crewe, Burnley, Plymouth and oh the odd premiership team...

Not one of them thinks that we''re doing OK and they all think that we should be doing so much better.   They''re not halfwits, they''re mature, seasoned Championship ("lower leagues") supporters who recognise that City ought to be head and shoulders above the rest...

Forget Worthy''s silence, his team should do the talking - but hey, what are they saying about him at the moment...?

[quote]mad dan so you don''t think the watford result was a debacle? Sorry, but it was one of our worst performances for a long time, and we didn''t win the second half, we survived. As for adapting to a n...[/quote]

I didn''t go to the game, just listened, but even according to the official Watford site they "hung on" in a "nervy" second half. Stats for the game are 51% possession to NCFC, 6 corners vs 4, 6 shots on target vs 2. We lost, it''s annoying, there''s some problems obviously. I would suggest mostly from not having a settled side due at least in part to injuries and suspensions. In the first half we got scuppered by pace and were poor, it was changed for the second half and it looked like we deserved something from the game. It didn''t seem a total shambles at all. We "survived" by laying seige to their goal? Were Watford just comfortably sitting back and soaking up pressure at 2:1 up for half an hour? there were good chances to make it 2:2 at least. Worthy is under pressure no doubt, but then he''ll never please some people even if we win on Sun. If we went on to win the league, some would say he''d bought his way there or it was luck etc etc etc. Still obviously I''m a minority here and will no doubt get slated for not wanting everone, players, manager and board to be hung drawn and quartered over a bad run of barely 2 months and having the temerity to critise another poster''s views when they''ve been on here for 10 years.

"Stats for the game are 51% possession to NCFC, 6 corners vs 4, 6 shots on target vs 2"

Ohh, do we get extra points for having more possession? And for "winning" the second half? I just can''t keep up with all these rule changes....

[quote]I didn''t go to the game, just listened, but even according to the official Watford site they "hung on" in a "nervy" second half. Stats for the game are 51% possession to NCFC, 6 corners vs 4, 6 shots ...[/quote]

Watford was yet another game of two halfs spat - the second apparently as good as the first was diabolical; unfortunately we were so bad that we lost the game in the first half and were not good enough to get a draw back in the second.  To glibly praise the second and overlook the first willno longer wash for me.

Injuries have played a part in the make up of the team but the same applies to every team in this league - there is not one side who has had the same 11 out for more than 4 consecutive game - its not affecting them is it?  Sheff Utd have 4 new faces intheir line up but they have gelled faster than 3 new ones in ours - the fault for that is with the manager.  Midfield excluded this squad IS good enough to be pushing for promotion, that we are not is down to poor team selections (no zipper after his excellent performance against plymouth??!), poor tactics, prep and coaching and relying on experienced underperforming players when others have played better.  why after two years of the same thing happening cant the manager get 90 minutes performance from his team instead of between 25-45 minutes?  This good one half poor the other routine has been happening since the promotion season and still not solved - remember the 3-1 home win - were lucky to be just 1-0 down and we were lukcy to get three points because again the first half deserved nothing. 

The second half on tuesday was much better but cant hide 12 months (not just 9 games)underperformance from the management team.  If anythng it shows that they are struggling to get the best from their players.  Hoepfully we can move on and improve upon that second half performance through the rest of the season bythe management and coaches adopting some fresh thinking as we do need to change the record.  I have been ccritical of the mangement but saidall along it is within the coaching staff to get it right.  How long do you give the same set of coaches withteh same set of issues adn teh same set of players to put it right, especially when the problem is more than just 9 games.   Sadly recent history and the teams track record does not suggest that will be the case.

This is not a ''go'' at you spat, just trying to share my point of view borne from my frustration with the way things are going.

OTBC

err the stats show it wasn''t a complete debarcle. Nothing more or less. Do you think that stats are competely meaningless then? They indicate the performance in some way, or are you only interested in the result? in which case you would have been totally happy with the Plymouth game.

Stats like that ARE completely meaningless out of context: what use is 51% possession when it yields so few chances? How much of that posession was in danger areas of the pitch? How much of that possession was gained because Watford, having gone 2 goals ahead, were able to defend deep and let us have the ball in our own half?

You get points for winning games. We did not win the game. We have only won one game this season. Therefore we are at the bottom of the league. It''s not rocket science.

[quote]"Stats for the game are 51% possession to NCFC, 6 corners vs 4, 6 shots on target vs 2" Ohh, do we get extra points for having more possession? And for "winning" the second half? I just can''t keep u...[/quote]

You see what has happened is NCFC have petitioned the FA and now the league table will be based on possession and how "unlucky" the teams are.

Don''t worry about having a go at me Zipper, I can take it ;-)

I actually agree with most of your points here, the same problems have been cropping up for a while, the half performances, defensive frailties etc. I guess it''s that when we do play, Worthy''s teams have shown an ability to play good, attractive football that reaps goals and an ability to mix it with directness. I will find it hard to defend the status quo if the crap run goes on much longer. Maybe it is time for Worthy to go,it''s a big risk though that many don''t seem to appreciate. We don''t just swap Worthy for someone "much better" just waiting in the wings. Just who are they? Some of the sugestions like Keegan, Robson, Crook, O''Niell are frankly ridiculous for obvious reasons. I''d happily take Dario Gradi over Worthy but he''s on a cushy number at Crewe and there''s little reason for him to come here (please do though Dario!!). That''s even if he''d be a success, who knows. Every new manager is a risk whatever their pedigree. I just think we could easily be thrown into even more turmoil than we seem to be in at the moment, however disappointing the current form is. We all want the same thing, I''m prepared to give him more time, the glass is half full.

[quote]You see what has happened is NCFC have petitioned the FA and now the league table will be based on possession and how "unlucky" the teams are.[/quote]

No they''re not meaningless! No we didn''t win, we got no points, we had a decent number of chances to get something from the game though. Didn''t put them away but they happened.

possesion counts for nothing... id sooner we had the ball once in a game, scored and won 1-0 then had the ball all game and never scored.

but then im of the school that thinks, play badly every week and win is better than play well every week and lose

jas

you cannot gloss over that first half performance at watford mad dan. its because worthy has hidden all week and said the same old things every week when we have lost that makes us rely on the edp and pink un for news from the club.the amount of spin coming via the club is unreal at present,they have constantly got ex players to keep on spouting on about how good the team is and how we should be challenging for promotion in a vain attempt to deflect flack from worthy.he is now proving he lacks to ability to motivate the players.it was the same last season,we couldnt keep it going for the full 90.sooner or later you have to ask why this happens every game.you speak about the championship like we have never played in it,where were we playing before promotion.with the exception of colin,the rest of the squad all have recent experience of playing there,i agree it would take a few games to re adjust but we should be used to things by now.this cannot continue to be used as an excuse for the way things are.players dont just suddenly forget how it works in this league.i am not trying to spread "doom and gloom",just being a realist.im just a worried fan,yes fan! who has seen the team he has loved and followed for the last 35 years,struggling near the bottom of a league we won just over a year ago!!

[quote]MadDan - are you Worthy in disguise?[/quote]

No LinkNR9 MadDan is actually no other than "Neil Doncaster!"..........

Well if it isn''t him or Worthy, I suspect at least MadDan is on the club''s payroll.........as well as some other contributors to this forum.....

ALERT! ALERT! NCFC INSURGENT''S HAVE INFILTRATED THIS FORUM! OTBC ;~)

P.S. I''m not "Paranoid" but they''re still out to get me!

"And I had to stop playing rugby, because every time there was a scrum, I thought they were talking about me!" (from Mello, a half empty headed, James Bond lovin'', glass a third full and permanent half-wit......