Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Team for Bristol

I doubt it''ll be too far off that, I guess it depends if players are carrying knocks from midweek.

You''d certainly think Yanic deserves a start, perhaps Maddison might be in. It is good that we have found some form and seem to have decent options again - of course this XI leaves out Reed and Vrancic, and Hanley who just hasn''t been able to come in to the side yet....long may it continue!

I think the only question marks are Wes or Maddison in the central role of the 3 and if its Maddison then do you play Wes wide instead of Wildshutt.

Difficult one as none of them deserve to be dropped and nor do Tettey or Trybull.

Tough game this as they are on great form.

I wonder if he will play Wes for the home game tomorrow and save Maddison for Boro away next week where we may need the extra running and energy.

GunnPinto, Zimmermann, Klose, StiepermannReed, TrybullWildschut, Hoolahan, MurphyJerome

SUBS: Matthews, Hanley, Franke, Husband, Tettey, Maddison, Watkins

Agree with Hoola''s team, bar Maddison for Wes. Wildschut suits the wide right slot in a 4-2-3-1 formation more than Wes, or Vrancic.

Good problem to have - Vrancic, Husband, Reed & Wes all played well v Brentford.

[quote user="Woodman"]Agree with Hoola''s team, bar Maddison for Wes. Wildschut suits the wide right slot in a 4-2-3-1 formation more than Wes, or Vrancic.

Good problem to have - Vrancic, Husband, Reed & Wes all played well v Brentford.[/quote]Would probably go with this. Wes or Maddison is the only decision for me, and I''d probably go with Maddison by a nose, as I think he can distribute better from a deeper position, and Wes can influence a game more from the bench.I do feel a bit sorry for Reed, he didn''t do a lot wrong earlier in the season, but I''m sure he''ll be useful over the course of the season.

It will, as ever, be determined by where Farke sees their weaknesses and their strengths.So that won''t be who is ''in form'' but who will be best suited to those requirements.We have Boro shortly after so I doubt Tettey would be up to both - at the speed it is now played.Main interests will be who is at left backThe concern before the season was about having enough recognised forwards. We need goals.But do we ? If we don''t concede at one end then we need hust the one goal to achieve the 3 points.Not saying this is the approach to take, but to keep the opposition out it does require a fair bit of counter acting them, rather than simply playing the ''best'' 11 available.

Gunn

Pinto

Zimmerman

Klose

Stiepermann

Tettey

Trybull

Wildschut

Maddison

Murphy

Jerome

"The concern before the season was about having enough recognised forwards. We need goals.

But do we ? If we don''t concede at one end then we need hust the one goal to achieve the 3 points.

Not saying this is the approach to take, but to keep the opposition out it does require a fair bit of counter acting them, rather than simply playing the ''best'' 11 available."

I think you''ve probably hit the nail on the head of what this season is going to be. We can''t afford the Gung Ho "we''re going to score more than you" approach as we just don''t have the components to do that effectively.

What we do have is a defensive 7 (including Keeper)that are getting better and stronger by the game who are looking to keep the ball, dictate play, and penetrate when best suited. This leaves us with 4 potential game changers in (usually) Oliviera, Murphy, Maddison, A.N. Other, to hopefully contribute enough goals to take the points.

Vrancic is a conundrum for me at the moment LDC as whilst he had a very good game recently, it was all too recently that many were complaining about how little he offered. I think he''s working his way into the team and as you say, it''s a good issue to have considering how doom and gloom everything was a few weeks ago.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I wonder if he will play Wes for the home game tomorrow and save Maddison for Boro away next week where we may need the extra running and energy.[/quote]

Hard to argue with that rationale.

Based on Farke''s press conference I think it will be Wes ahead of Madders. The latter has only just resumed training and the thought is he''s unlikely to be risked tomorrow night.

So for me its Murph, Wes and Wildshutt behind Jerome.

Oliveira could be back on Tuesday but more likely at Reading.

Interesting on Oliveira. I''d only rush him back at Reading if we lose tomorrow or Tuesday. If we come through the next 3 games with 6 points or more, it''ll be a good haul.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Based on Farke''s press conference I think it will be Wes ahead of Madders. The latter has only just resumed training and the thought is he''s unlikely to be risked tomorrow night.

So for me its Murph, Wes and Wildshutt behind Jerome.

Oliveira could be back on Tuesday but more likely at Reading.[/quote]Ah yes. I''ve just seen that.

From the conference it looks like a game for Wes at attacking mid or vrancic. Perhaps Reed will get a spot in the middle for tettey to save his legs for Tuesday.

Mine would be:

Gunn

Pinto

Stieperman

Klose

Zimmerman

Tettey

Trybull

Murphy

Wildschut

Hoolahan

Jerome

Subs: Matthews, Hanley, Husband, Reed, Watkins, Maddison, Vrancic

If Maddison isn''t fully fit, I would like to see Vrancic rewarded for his performance and match winning display and the classy way he scored the two goals on Tuesday.  Save Wes for later in the game.                       GunnPinto   Zimmermann Klose  Stieperman                 Tettey   Trybull       Wildschut   Vrancic   Murphy                         Jerome  

Looks good to me LDC, think Wildschut needs a run of games in the team too. Played well last time out, needs a few games on the trot to show us what he can do.

Would be interesting to see Vrancic a bit further forward, as you say, one of those games where if there''s growing space later in the game Wes will be a great option off the bench if he isn''t starting

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Maddison isn''t fully fit, I would like to see Vrancic rewarded for his performance and match winning display and the classy way he scored the two goals on Tuesday.  Save Wes for later in the game.                       GunnPinto   Zimmermann Klose  Stieperman                 Tettey   Trybull       Wildschut   Vrancic   Murphy                         Jerome   [/quote]

Well, got my wish, just need him to play well now!