Sign in to follow this  
lincsy88

New Poster

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ricardo"]I used to walk up Gas Hill once upon a time but its way beyond me now.[:D][/quote]I bet you don''t even attempt Southgate Lane after a game  ?[/quote]Had a walk round that way with the missus last year. Needed oxygen half way up.

[quote user="Van wink"]Greavsy wrote the following post at 07/09/2017 10:51 AM:

Just keeping it honest FF.

The more posters who join, and take an active part of the board the better for everyone.

Indeed Greavsy. That''s well said and an excellent post👍

Welcome to our board my man and enjoy the ride 😀[/quote]

Indeed. Well said. 👍

ive just waited nearly a week for approval...thought I''d been black-balled before I even started !!

Like several others, I have silently followed the site for quite a while, and decided to take the plunge , along with a few others !!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincsy88"]Thanks for the warm welcome guys, hope to meet some of you round the grounds or at a social club event in the coming months. Slightly different topic, lakey I''m coming up to stay in Windermere in November for a week, any recommendations on things to do?[/quote]First thing to do is to buy an umbrella !  ....but seriously, apart from the obvious walking/climbing stuff, the ferry across towards Hawkshead is worth the trip, some quieter shorelines on the other side, plus the Beatrix Potter experience and the Hawkshead brewery. Sizergh Castle is worth a vist a few miles away just south of Kendal. Grasmere is good to visit, as is Ambleside which has cinemas and good eating places. Keswick has indoor climbing walls and an Ice Wall and if in Keswick,

good market on a Thursday, good theatre and cinema and you''re not far from Whinlatter Forest with go ape zip wires and stuff. Plenty to do!

[/quote]

Does the Beatrix Potter Experience involve getting nekked?

Personally I think it''s great how many new posters are joining, and airing their views, welcome all, and enjoy the ride, it can get bumpy at times.

Greavsy wrote the following post at 07/09/2017 5:03 PM:

Personally I think it''s great how many new posters are joining, and airing their views, welcome all, and enjoy the ride, it can get bumpy at times.

Same here buddy, it''s a great community👍

Bit of help required here guys !! I logged on for my first post via a link on the acceptance E Mail....No probs...I just tried to log on again on the opening page , and it wouldn''t let me ... Am I missing something here ??

( I posted this by reverting to the E Mail link, and it seems OK ...)

Don''t want this palaver every time I want to log on !!

lake district canary wrote the following post at 07/09/2017 5:27 PM:

Agreed, it''s good to see more new posters. It comes from people seeing that reasonable discussion/argument is possible on here. Alleluliah!

👍

[quote user="Jolly Johnny"]Bit of help required here guys !! I logged on for my first post via a link on the acceptance E Mail....No probs...I just tried to log on again on the opening page , and it wouldn''t let me ... Am I missing something here ??

( I posted this by reverting to the E Mail link, and it seems OK ...)

Don''t want this palaver every time I want to log on !![/quote]There is an anti-binner filter on here. Are you wearing something blue?

Blimey Sam, you''re brave, enjoy the ride, welcome also to Jolly Johnny, look forward to reading your contributions to the footballing debates

So you obviously know Lappinitup then Johnny cause not many of us long timers call him Lapps??

[quote user="Diane"]So you obviously know Lappinitup then Johnny cause not many of us long timers call him Lapps??[/quote]I know quite a few on here, Diane, but I''ve just used the shortened version of his username to save typing !! My bad if it''s inappropriate....

[quote user="Diane"]So you obviously know Lappinitup then Johnny cause not many of us long timers call him Lapps??[/quote]I know quite a few on here, Diane, but I''ve just used the shortened version of his username to save typing !! My bad if it''s inappropriate....

[quote user="Jolly Johnny"]Like being the new boy at school, Frank !! I was in the Pub Trade for 30 yrs, so I''m not easily offended!![/quote]
You''ll be fine on here then[Y]
I was a bog cleaning bingo caller in the same trade for 24 years.
I wonder what trade the easily offended little petals were in...

[quote user="Jolly Johnny"][quote user="Diane"]So you obviously know Lappinitup then Johnny cause not many of us long timers call him Lapps??[/quote]I know quite a few on here, Diane, but I''ve just used the shortened version of his username to save typing !! My bad if it''s inappropriate....[/quote]Quite happy with Lapps JJ, but blue underpants belong in the bin. [;)]

lincsy will be a sh*t addition to the board. He doesn''t have a clue about football and he''s rubbish at table tennis/tennis/football.

"He doesn''t have a clue about football..."That makes him over-qualified compared to some on this board.Apples

[quote user="canarydan23"]lincsy will be a sh*t addition to the board. He doesn''t have a clue about football and he''s rubbish at table tennis/tennis/football.[/quote]

Cheers Danny, ive missed you

[quote user="canarydan23"]lincsy will be a sh*t addition to the board. He doesn''t have a clue about football and he''s rubbish at table tennis/tennis/football.[/quote]

Cheers Danny, ive missed you